- Some multi-player map fixes.
- Some armor stats have been rebalanced.
- Quests fixes:
- Aborting quest bugs have been fixed.
- Ordering your lords to stop script error bug has been fixed.
- Pretender quest has been fixed under the condition of already having a village/center before starting the quest.
- Caravan escort quest script error has been fixed.
- Deal with looters quest script error has been fixed.
- Other fixes:
- ATI driver fix.
- Achievements "last man standing" and "morale leader" have been fixed.
- Non-ending battle/siege bugs have been fixed.
- Desertion of prisoners when party morale is low bug has been fixed.
- Hold fire/use blunt weapons orders have been corrected, player agent no longer changes his/her weapon because of the order.
- Formations not looking at the enemy bug has been fixed.
- Automatic offline favorite server removal is added.
- TCP protocol optimizations are made for dedicated servers.
- Various other bug fixes.
- Quests fixes:
- 3 Amazingly awesome multiplayer maps!
- Forest Hideout: Perfect for team play modes like TDM, CTF, and Conquest.
- The Arena: The go to place for battle, deathmatch, and duel modes.
- Jammeyyed Castle: A unique siege in the desert.
- New music and sounds have been added to single and multi-player modes.
- Mahdaar Castle map has been slightly redesigned for better play.
- Warhorse & Charger stats have been balanced.
- Camp Followers and Sword Sisters now get Power strike skill.
- Swadian and Rhodok troops have been rebalanced.
- Village infestation quest is fixed.
- Bandit lair navigation meshes have been updated.
- Custom troop group behavior fix for defending castles.
- Some graphical fixes concerning specularity.
- Fixed banner display problems on heraldic armors.
- Non-English language fixes/additions.
- Various other bug fixes
- NEW! By community demand Duel mode is being introduced into multi-player. You can now partake in 1 on 1 protected duels.
- NEW! Server setting to disallow ranged weapons, get rid of pesky archers with one click!
- NEW! Two new horse armors have been added for Steppe and Sarranid factions.
- Bow accuracy has been rebalanced, higher tier bows are even better, with low tiers being slightly more inaccurate.
- AI Bots in multi-player have been changed to be more difficult in dedicated servers.
- Economy balance is somewhat tied to campaign difficulty setting.
- Minor Khergit troop stat changes.
- Knock down chances have been reduced.
- AI is no longer able to hit allied horses in single player.
- A minor bug in the spy meeting quest has been fixed.
- Links to finished quests will no longer appear in other notes.
- Several new and useful operations have been added for modders.
- Some shield banners have been fixed for multi-player.
- Various other fixes for non English packs.
- Various other bug fixes.
Features and Gameplay:
- NEW! Gameplay features have been added, now players have the ability to build production houses that produce valuable goods such as iron, wine, velvet and more. The building of production houses is accessible through guild masters in towns. Also players may visit these newly modeled scenes via the town menu.
- New Swadian houses have been added to major Swadian towns.
- New, AI Behavior enables more realistic AI lord behaviors, such as AI lords collecting taxes.
- Campaign difficulty has been rebalanced, hard mode is now even more challenging with AI lords recruiting troops faster.
- Economy parameters such as taxes from fiefs and raiding outcomes, have been balanced.
- The Khergit faction has been given some much needed love and as a result has had their troops and items rebalanced.
- Khergits get modified hats and steppe armor instead of leather vests in multi-player.
- Man-hunters and high tier slaver troops have been given an overhaul and have top tier troops equal to other top tier army troops.
- Weapons that cannot be used to block can now do feint attacks.
- All items from hammers to warhammers and spiked clubs to iron maces now have knockdown capabilities.
- New flags for items are added and new operations are defined to give more freedom to modders.
- Out of memory errors while rendering are now handled more properly.
- Fixed a bug that caused AI lords to have too many high level troops.
- Several bug fixes to the level editor.
- Lots of other bug fixes and some healthy re-balancing/improvements in both single and multi-player modes.
- Initial party size limit is extended by 20.
- Shield blocking is updated: Fixed bug where shields didn't protect against missiles shot from above.
- AI pathfinding is updated, and lots of weird behaviors are fixed.
- AI troops that seldomly spawn with shields bug is fixed.
- Retreat simulation in battles now damages the enemy even if player is knocked down.
- Models and lengths are updated for some of the weapons.
- Characters who have been killed now soak up attacks for a short while.
- Incorrect coloring of heraldic mails is fixed.
- Fixed a bug where throwing weapons couldn't be used as melee weapons on horseback.
- Some of the multiplayer maps' glitches are fixed.
- Mount&Blade Warband directory is added under My Documents folder. Some of the editable files are moved to there for ease of access.
- Rendering performance is increased slightly.
- Removed memory leaks from dedicated servers.
- Many other bug-fixes.
- New Game option to set Campaign AI to easy, normal or difficult NPC soldiers should now climb siege ladders without problem.
- There is now a chance player companions will not fall prisoner with you when you are defeated.
- The game will no longer crash if you move all your prisoner into a castle.
- AI weapon selection improved.
- AI will no longer equip two shields.
- Your companions who are prisoners at a faction's castles are now set free when peace is declared.
- Party skill bonuses are now calculated correctly.
- Fixed slashing through your horse and buildings using hafted blades on horseback.
- Added max_number_of_connections option to rgl_config.txt. Players who have difficulty receiving server list from internet can lower the default value (64) to 20 or so.
- Number of maximum bandit parties reduced by 15%.
- Added Chinese language option (Simplified and Traditional).
- Many other bug-fixes.
Mount & Blade is a single-player, third- or first-person action/role-playing game with a focus on medieval combat. Developed by the Turkish development house TaleWorlds Entertainment, the BETA version of the game has received acclaim worldwide by gamers impressed by everything from the realistic horseback combat to the sandbox gameplay. The latter enables players to roam the map freely in a medieval world that offers options ranging from hunting down bandits, trading for profit in the game's deep economical system and becoming a commander and taking part in the wars ultimately becoming a great lord of the realm.
Of late the dreams of battle have abandoned your slumbering mind. They fade like shadows into the dark endless night, leaving you to tremble in despair. For it has been too long since your last mortal combat.
You cannot escape the destiny of a warrior's heart. It lies beyond the distant hill, within the halls of the next castle, among the bloodied reeds of surrounding lands. Be it on foot with axe or with Mount and Blade, you are fated to fight in the lands of Calradia once more.
- Multiplayer – previously announced, the ability for up to 32 players to play simultaneously on a single map in ‘Team Death Match’ and ‘Search & Destroy’ style battles
- Faction Rulers – A new in-depth system allowing the player to gain followers even as a rebel and to become the ruler of their own faction and recruit Lords as their vassalals
- Accessibility – Improved and additional detailed game information for players.
- Improved Graphics and optimisation – The introduction of state-of-the-art rendering technologies including HDR (High Dynamic Range), as well as significant improvement in the level of detail on characters, armour and weapons
- Increased interactivity - New interactivity implemented in the environments that the AI will recognize and adapt to, directly impacting the Siege mode
- Improved Mechanics for Soldier Morale - Soldiers will break and run away if their morale gets too low.
More articles about Mount & Blade: Warband