Call of Duty: Black Ops will be compatible with 3D-ready HDTVs and 3D PCs utilizing state-of-the-art active shutter 3D glasses, delivering true depth of field and an unprecedented level of immersion that is perfectly suited for the Call of Duty action experience. Call of Duty: Black Ops will be playable in both 3D and non-3D on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
“Development of stereoscopic 3D began as an R&D project, but once we saw what the technology brought to the Call of Duty experience, what a great fit and how immersive it was, we knew that we had to develop it for Black Ops. Aiming down the sights of your weapons, flying in helicopters, rappelling down mountains, and moving through highly detailed environments are just some of the awesome experiences you will have in 3D with Black Ops,” says Mark Lamia, Studio Head of Treyarch.
“Call of Duty: Black Ops is already the most anticipated entertainment launch of the year, and the addition of a fully playable 3D version will truly take gaming to the next level,” said Chris Homeister, senior vice president and general manager of the home entertainment group at Best Buy. “Through our footprint of nearly 1100 retail locations across the country and online, as well as our wide selection of 3D-enabled products, Best Buy is uniquely positioned to bring this exciting experience to life for consumers. We’re thrilled to partner with Activision to support this great new chapter in home entertainment.”
Added Lamia, “we made sure the experience is seamless for gamers to use with a simple menu option to enable stereoscopic 3D or disable it at any time whether playing in the single player campaign, multiplayer or Zombies.”
Call of Duty: Black Ops for PC is NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready and supports stereoscopic 3D gaming using 3D Vision active-shutter glasses and NVIDIA GeForce GPUs, while on Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles, 3D features require a compatible 3D-ready HD TVKey Features
- Wide array of play modes including single player, local multiplayer versus and online co-op and multiplayer
- Seventh installment of the Call of Duty series, based on the live fire conflicts of the Cold War era
- Diverse variety of play setting ranging from urban air and ground combat in SE Asia, to snow combat in Soviet region and jungle combat
- Blending of traditional COD, and new first-person character scenarios designed to both retain the essence of the COD gaming experience and ensure constantly flowing and varied action
- New arsenal of weapons and vehicles tied to the Cold War era, including the SR-71 Blackbird and sited explosive-tipped crossbows
More articles about Call of Duty: Black Ops