The hundreds of races are more beautiful and immersive than ever thanks to many new improvements added to the scene such as High-resolution photo-realistic textures, new handling of the flora which is now luxuriant, reworked ambient lighting, gigantic environments… The game offers an unprecedented gaming experience to all cycling fans!
Many other exciting novelties are also coming in 2010, such as a whole new Season mode, which lets you create and customize your own competitions: choice of teams, legs/races, the draft, etc. The game also features many new challenges in the form of performances and historic records to beat, that will fulfill all challenge-thirsty players’ desires!
Last but not least, creative minds will be delighted to know that they have not been forgotten, as the game also includes a new race editor! The powerful, efficient and accessible race editor allows the creation of an infinity of new and extremely detailed races where you can control every element from weather to the ambient setting and the curves of the roads. The topographic tool included in the editor even allows the players to create races in real locations of the world!
In order to provide a more realistic and a more intense experience, the game features high resolution textures and a new handling of the flora, which is now more luxuriant and diverse. Many advanced visual effects complete the ultimate rendering of the game: the bloom effect simulates image exposure to light, the depth of field enhances the focus of the TV cameras that follow cyclists during each race, while the motion blur simulates speed.
The 22.214.171.124 update includes all previous updates.
PATCH NOTES 126.96.36.199:
- Improved gaps for hilly races (e.g. : ardennes classics).
- Fixed several bugs in sprints which helped the climbers or the non-sprinters winning sometimes mass-sprints ahead of real sprinters (flat stages).
- Sprinters AI amelioration when they choose the sprinter they’ll follow.
- Fixed a bug where the sprinters could "brake" with no reason before the finish line.
- Loss of time for a puncture or a fall is now a bit shorter.
- Fixed a bug which could stop an attack from a rider which was trying to get some points for the mountain classification.
PATCH NOTES 188.8.131.52:
- Improved memory usage with the public. The consumption is now decreased on the two higher detail levels (3 & 4)
- Fixed several minor issues with memory
- Increased maximum number of player in multi (20 from 8)
- Reactivated ladder sprints
- Fixed a multiplayer issue in track mode. Riders used to be stuck during chat between players.
- Fixed the « gameover » bug in season mode when a crash occured during a race
- Fixed an in race bug that could limit one rider's effort during a small period of time (slowdown effect)
- Added game saved from the menu when the game is launched with the Gamecenter
- Fixed a bug with the renewal priorities for the next season. Riders still under contract do not ask for a renewal for the next season
- Fixed a display bug on the Objectives page, some races (Oman, Qatar) did display winners for the mountain ranking whereas then do not have any.
- Introduced back the stage variation system in career mode. Data are not included, but the system now allows modification from community packs
- Added 5 new Ladder races (Dauphiné Libéré : Crolles – L’Alpe d’Huez, Tour d'Espagne : Murcia - Orihuela, GP al Pais Vasco : Eibar – Orio, Hamburg Turm et GP di Lombardia)
- Fixed the water bug in the editor (when creating a stage from an heightmap)
Note : it's exactly the same patch as the beta version from August 4.
PATCH NOTES 184.108.40.206:
- Improved races listing programms in career mode. This is only viable for new career saves made with this patch.
- Fixed an issue concerning the young riders progress limitation on the acceleration characteristic in career mode.
- Fixed a simulation issue that could prevent to assign a leader or a sprinter.
- Fixed an issue with equipement that could previously stay on the default C1 configuration.
- Added three new ladder races (Paris-Roubais, Tour de France : Cambrai - Reims, Tour de France : Bagnères de Luchon - Pau).
- Updated the Ladder database.
PATCH NOTES 220.127.116.11:
- Improved game performances and memory management.
- Improved sprints gameplay (fixed issues with "trains" and team mates).
- New A.I. in season mode, when selecting riders (improved contestants selection when there are only a few riders for each team).
- Several improvements in detailed simulation (Possib.ility to change the riders role in the bottom of the page and fixed the issue with the selection of a leader not registered in the race).
- Fixed the number of riders affected to a training during season two and the following ones.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent to go through the listing of world championships.
- Fixed the list of winners : top 25 is displayed on important races.
- Fixed the goals difficulty for weak custom teams.
- Several improvements in multiplayer interface.
- Fixed an issue in multiplayer when loading a season or stage race.
- Fixed a protection issue which detected the use of an emulation software.
- Added a protection to avoid the encounter of young riders with outstanding characteristics. This is only viable for new career saves made with this patch.
PATCH NOTES 18.104.22.168:
- Fix a crash that could occur when reloading a saved game in « Season mode »
- Fix the world championships riders selection.
- Fix a crash when using “Escape” button while there was a “waiting for connection…” pop-up.
- Fix a bug which created in rare cases some young talents with very high attributes (> 77).
- Fix ITT Training camps bug which was not giving the bonus.
PATCH NOTES 22.214.171.124:
- Fix the October, 24th crash (126.96.36.199 only).
PATCH NOTES 188.8.131.52:
- Changed routes of two stages in Tour of Australia and the stage "Pau-Tourmalet" of the Tour de France.
- Goals changed: sponsor’s contentment for Classics is not counted twice anymore; goals are displayed, the race date is now displayed.
- Magazine improved: fixed some riders pictures and the choice of the rider of the month.
- Improved the career loading time.
- Fixed the custom team ranking at the career start and update it when the year changes.
- National and Global champions are now saved.
- Training camps: Fixed booking dates for training camps and deletion of characteristic bonus at the end of the training camps.
- Fixed a crash in Season mode.
- Removed incapacitating injuries for this mode.
- Improved stability of long period of gaming.
- Tunnels : Fixed a rare crash on stages with tunnels and fixed a camera angle when getting out of a tunnel.
- Removed all zebra crossings on bridges and cobblestone roads.
- Fixed the temporary ranking in race.
- Fixed commentaries in race: maximum amount of displayed commentaries is now 5.
- Fixe a gap between the displayed finish line and the real finish line on a few stages (Catalogne stage 3, Mallorca stage 2).
- Fixed the Start list in Stage Race mode.
- Improved low walls texture.
- Changed road tags.
- Added handling of withdrawals in detailed simulation.
- Improved results display with the addition of the player’s name in the results and fixed the selected stages list in Stage Race mode.
- LAN: Fixed GameCenter settings in Season mode and the display of riders’ age.
- Improved stability in Track mode ladder.
- Navigation: Escape can now be used to close popups during the race and to perform a return in manager pages.
- Improved the information page before race: bonus points are now displayed with top priority.
- Added the automatic pause function when the player browses options during a solo 3D Race.
- New shortcut: CTRL + U hides (or displays) the interface during a 3D race.
- Improved the display of stage events.
- Changed colour to display distances between rider groups in race (Green -> White).
- Fixed several elements in the interface ('Search' menu; shape planning in career; "next" icons during replays and podiums; riders command board in race; popup in replay mode; font of bottom icons in the management screen; Pause icon in Track mode).
- Added some mini-logos for custom teams.
- Improved stability and performances of the stage (Fixed "Pelt" tool and shadow management).
- Added the prologue characteristic in the database Editor.
- Updated some localizations.
- Screenshots are now saved in PNG instead of BMP.
- Improved the detection of 512 MB graphics cards.
- Added new screen resolutions and removed non standard resolutions.
More articles about Pro Cycling Manager/Tour de France 2010