Planet Calypso is the largest real economy Massively Multiplayer Online Game in the world. Players have the ability to participate in a unique virtual world where they only pay for the game when they play. Its innovative real money economy uses a virtual currency which has a fixed exchange rate with the US dollar. This allows players to deposit and withdraw real funds for their adventures on Calypso or in the real world. It is also the first MMORPG to use CryTek's stunning CryENGINE 2 for amazing graphics and physics. Planet Calypso is the oldest planet in the Entropia Universe and is free to download.
This update brings a brand new Port Atlantis, the Tenderfoot Grounds for new players, new missions and an amazing new vehicle to the world.
Planet Calypso is proud to open the Tenderfoot Grounds right outside its new capital Port Atlantis where all new players start. This new area allows inexperienced players to truly learn what the game is about, in a setting made just for them. It introduces a new area to hunt and mine in, along with its very own microeconomy. This microeconomy includes the ability to hunt, mine, trade and sell items as usual; however the difficulty levels and values are kept low enough for new players to enjoy. Additionally players can still use all new equipment they received in the Gateway, allowing them to play in Tenderfoot Grounds without spending a single dollar. Once colonists feel they are ready to take on the full game world they can leave the area and enter Planet Calypso's society.
A New Port Atlantis
The three corporations, Omegaton, Genesis Star and Chikara, have completed a major redevelopment project, rebuilding Port Atlantis on top of the walls of the original town. With towering skyscrapers, white beaches and an open marina, the beautiful sprawling city is a resort and a port of entry to the exciting Planet Calypso, the planet of opportunity and adventure!
A great part of the project was the geo-engineering of the area where Port Atlantis resides. It was in this phase of the project where the walls to the first Port Atlantis were found, and it was decided that a new Port Atlantis should be built at the location. Some of the old walls are still visible at the north end of the new town.
Without features like Bank Neverdie and the Port Atlantis Mall, Port Atlantis wouldn't really be Port Atlantis, so these were moved to the new site. There are also new and exciting vistas to explore and hang out, and maybe even a familiar face.
- A series of new quests introduces some of the mechanics and functions to new players.
New Swamp Camp
- The Swamp Camp is again a proper swamp, and now it is a lot closer to Port Atlantis. The Swamp Camp missions have been moved from the old swamp to the new swamp.
New Iron Challenge
- At the old Swamp Camp (the one that really wasn't a swamp), there's a new Iron Challenge available for the brave.
- In addition to the introduction missions, Iron Challenge and adapted Swamp Camp missions, there are more than a dozen new missions to explore.
- In total, this release holds more than 30 new quests.
There's one new vehicle to get into, the brand new Omegaton Pitbull, a six-wheeled all-terrain beast that can carry anyone anywhere. It's well-armored, with great load capacity and off-road capabilities. This chunk of hardware is a hunter's or a miner's best friend.
- Name signs added to Twin Peaks and Emerald Lake malls
- The fog west of Port Athena is less luminous at night.
- In the mission "Opening of the gates", the award trophy is not handed out correctly if you choose Rifle. The other choices work fine. Do not choose Rifle, or wait handing this mission in until it's patched.
- Jennifer Quinn has the wrong appearance.
More articles about Planet Calypso