Global Agenda is a fast-paced massively multiplayer action game set in Earth's near future, a spy-fi world of advanced technology and player-driven conflict. Players determine which factions to aid and which to oppose.
In the wake of severe global disaster, the political face of 22nd century earth has changed. Player created factions scheme against each other for power while simultaneously opposing a totalitarian world government bent on domination. Traditional full-scale wars a thing of the past, factions must rely on covert agencies, teams of elite special operatives able to seize and defend key facilities. The future of humanity is their battleground, where knowledge is power, technology is a race, and everyone has an agenda.
This Wednesday evening, members of the Hi-Rez Studios development team will be online from 8pm until 10pm EST, testing their skills within a Global Agenda PvP Pre-Season Tournament. The event, organized by the popular community site AgendaStats.com already has a roster of over 80 registered teams and runs until November 22nd. But players who want to challenge the Hi-Rez Studios team are encouraged to play this Wednesday evening.
"I predict a shellacking", says Global Agenda Executive Producer Todd Harris, "...I'm just not saying which side of it we'll be on".
The recent 1.38 update to Shooter MMO Global Agenda introduced a Challenge feature so pre-made teams can now fight one another on a map of their choosing with the match results and all individual stats recorded in web-accessible format. Building upon this in-game feature, AgendaStats.com has implemented out of game team management, stat reporting, and a rating system.
"Organizing this event has been a lot of fun" says AgendaStats founder Keith "Rekk" Dreier. "Global Agenda has a great community and an awesome development team, both of which have been very supportive of me from the beginning. I'm happy to see so many players excited about the first event and look forward to hosting many leagues and tournaments in the future."
This pre-season event is designed to encouraged participation and be a step toward future PvP tournaments. All Global Agenda players participating in the November event will receive the new exclusive "Horus" in-game head flair item. Interested Global Agenda players can sign up for the event.
The players are truly in control of Global Agenda, forging alliances with their peers and executing lightning strikes against their enemies. They determine which factions to aid and which to oppose, while the only thing that stands in their way is other agencies.
Players will be able to experience the major features of the game after a one time purchase via digital download or box sale, with no monthly subscription required. An optional subscription package called Global Agenda: Conquest will be available for those players who wish to participate in the persistent Alliance vs. Alliance territory control game-play.
Gamers that play Global Agenda may earn experience points, in-game credits, achievements, upgrades and loot through either player-vs-player (PvP) or player-vs-environment (PvE) missions. Reinforcing the game's team-based gameplay, PvE missions feature teams of four player agents infiltrating Commonwealth facilities and working cooperatively to defeat an end boss.
Players inside the virtual world of Global Agenda will be able to use features such as in-game voice chat to communicate with teammates during play and enjoy in-game news broadcasts describing key victories and events associated with Global Agenda's persistent territory control gameplay. In addition, monthly subscribers to the game will be able to use out-of-game player voice chat to talk with other Global Agenda players while playing other games or simply browsing the web. Players can use a variety of access methods including the Vivox Web Voice within the toolbar controls, Vivox Voice on Facebook, or calling into a specified chat channel from their phone.
- Develop your agent – Create, extensively customize, and improve your agent character over the course of your career, complimenting your FPS skills with RPG-style progression and high-tech gear.
- Join with other agents – Engage in cooperative PvE missions to develop and refine your individual and team tactics
- Advance your agency – Join a player-created agency, compete in technology races for advanced equipment, and capture critical locations to increase your influence in the world.
- Compete in fast-paced PvP combat – Work with your allies to raid or capture enemy controlled facilities during objective-based missions. Equip yourself from a powerful array of weapons, armor, and strategic devices like triggered explosives, deployable turrets, stealth suits, holographic decoys, and remote control robots.
- Experience a dynamic, player-driven world – Agency leaders navigate through a global conflict of other player-run groups, striving to reach their goals first. Territory, resources, technology, and influence are all valuable commodities, with agencies engaging in politics, intrigue, and outright deception to control them.
A comparison of the features included in the non-subscription and subscription ("Conquest") portions of the game, as well as additional pre-order information is available on the official website.
More articles about Global Agenda