LEGO Universe brings the LEGO play experience online in the first MMOG – massively-multiplayer online game – created for LEGO fans of all ages. In LEGO Universe you will discover a world that sparks the imagination, full of opportunities to build, play and interact with LEGO fans from all over the globe. Build anything you can dream up, and help shape the constantly evolving LEGO Universe through adventure, exploration and battle in an original storyline.
As always, safety for children is the LEGO Group’s top priority. LEGO Universe is a great way for families to play together in a safe online environment, and is designed to foster creativity and social interaction in young children and veteran gamers alike.
LEGO Universe represents a collaboration between the LEGO Group and fans, who have been called upon to help shape the game world - from testing and contributing ideas, to building actual game content alongside professional developers.
The “World Build League,” a talented group of LEGO fans turned co-developers, have dreamed up and delivered three dazzling new zones to the LEGO Universe MMOG playground – a whole realm of exciting new adventures across original, imaginative environments.
To check out the World Build League zones, players should first visit Starbase 3001, located just past the Brick Annex in Nimbus Station, near the entrance to Pet Cove. In Starbase 3001, you can snag some new models and meet futuristic robots, before hopping on the launch pad and flying to your World Builder League destination of choice: DeepFreeze, MoonBase or Portabello.
If winter can’t come fast enough, head to DeepFreeze. Fans can report to Dee the Chickadee to accept their first mission, and take time to build a snowman, cruise atop the ice on a Zamboni and battle Maelstrom Beavers. Prefer an out-of-this-world experience? Blast off to MoonBase, the space-themed zone where players fly high, thanks to the low gravity atmosphere. There’s plenty to explore in this sleek, futuristic zone and possible alien encounters lurking around every moon rock. In the fantasy-filled World Builder zone, Portabello, don’t be afraid to meet Draggle, Baggle and Zaggle—they’re the dragon brothers who send players on an unpredictable quest.
- In LEGO Universe, players can build, explore, battle, make friends and express their creativity – all in an exciting online world of LEGO past, present and future. The game features several ways to utilize the iconic brick, from simple, gameplay-oriented building challenges to complex creative designs.
- Customize – Players customize their own Minifigure avatar to explore the LEGO Universe, expressing their personality or becoming someone entirely new. Numerous customization options allow for creativity and individuality.
- Socialize – Interact with LEGO fans from all over the world through in-depth community and social features, designed with children’s safety in mind.
- Play – LEGO Universe features a deep original storyline for players to explore, encountering new worlds and collaborating with other players to complete quests and achieve common goals.
- Build – The physical brick-building experience moves online with LEGO Universe. Exercising their creativity with LEGO bricks, players can bring their wildest creations to life with a user-friendly programming language
More articles about LEGO Universe