Staying true to the Action RTS tradition of the series that began with ‘The Crusaders’ and ‘Heroes’, the convergence of intense combat action and tactical warfare strategy will take place in Kingdom Under Fire II. While the look and spirit of game will be succeeded from the predecessors that would bring back all the good memories of blood, sweat and tears gamers had to shed in endless fierce warfare, the new Kingdom Under Fire will be presented on much updated visual and game-play with the perfect conciliation of Action and Real-time Strategy based on enhancements made upon every merit of the previous versions. If the series were once described as games that excelled at bringing “massiveness” into the game world, this new sequel will unquestionably redefine the meaning of that word on a whole new level with thousands of soldiers engaging in intense combat and all being vividly displayed at one screen.
Accompanied by highly detailed flying creatures, enormous beasts, gigantic siege machines, and heroes of new generation, the intense action of up-close combat will be delivered in the way more realistic, stylish and overwhelming than ever. With over one hundred different types of units available from the roaster along the side of heroes, this time, players will be empowered not only to directly control the hero characters, but also first-handedly maneuver the troops. Introducing new ways to raise the army and travel the world, players will also need to be very tactical outside of battle as managing troops of one hundred different types via electronic game card system and board them in a mother-ship to leave for an adventure where dangers and threats are awaiting.
Kingdom Under Fire II provides elements that are not often seen in online games such as massive, realistic medieval battles, a control scheme that is much more user-friendly than its predecessors, more intense action, and a character growth system which offers the player various ways to level up his or her heroes and troops
Kawauchi Shiro, the president of Sony Computer Entertainment Korea, said “The reason why the PS3 is expanding worldwide at such a fast pace is not only because of its unanimously agreed advanced performance, but also its lineup of outstanding games.” He continued by saying “We are now in a cycle of continuously introducing outstanding titles one after another and it will expand the scope of the console. We will continuously look for ways to collaborate with developers as talented as BLUESIDE, and provide the PS3 users with a unique experience that can only be found on PS3.”
BLUESIDE revealed that even in the early stages of development on KUFII, a PS3 version was already being considered for release a few months after the PC game. BLUESIDE’s in-house engine will be tailored to fully utilize the PS3 platform, which will provide the player with very simple intuitive control, and realistic visuals that make users feel like watching a blockbuster movie.
There will also be exclusive content for PS3 users such as characters and missions. Additionally, the game will provide various services that will take advantage of the interactive features of the PlayStation Network, which has more than 60 million registered users.
The CEO of BLUESIDE, Se-Jung Kim, said “PS3’s performance and network features offer us many possibilities considering the aspects of MMORPG that requires continuous updates, and that is the main reason why we decided to make the PS3 version. I believe releasing the title for the console will enable us to reach out to a broader audience not only in Korea, but all over the world.”
- Multiplayer Online Game where thousands of gamers can join in Massively Multiplayer Online World and engage in the epic scale war as you declare war against other online players and unite under the banner of your guild. Conquer your foes and emerge victorious as the ultimate conqueror of the continent.
- The Perfection of Action and Real-Time Strategy game system with highly intense and stylish action at intuitive control while succeeding all the great merits of previous franchise.
- A True Action RTS inheritor of the world acclaimed Kingdom Under Fire series, which continues a saga of Bersian heroes on Kingdom Under Fire universe and write your own epic poetry of war thru several types of game modes.
- Unprecedentedly Blockbuster Scale with thousands of units being overwhelmingly co-displayed at any one screen to deliver the most intense and realistic mediaeval battle onto your nose.
- Startlingly Detailed Graphic on every elements of game that truly sets a new benchmark in today’s gaming with massiveness and realism. Taking leverage on the FameTech 2 technology, an advanced engine developed in-house, thousands of realistic and detailed units will engage in ferocious battle.
- Story Campaign mode for your download to enjoy deep and rich storyline that opens new chapters of eternal conflict between races after 150 years passed since the 2nd War of Heroes.
- Newly Introduced Electronic Game Cards for your download to recruit new units, equip new weapons & armors, obtain mother-ships, and instantly boost up the power of your characters with special ability.
- Competition and War among 3 factions over the domination of Bersia continent each consisting of unique units up to more than one hundred types for your direct control aside from the first-hand hero action.
More articles about Kingdom Under Fire II