Magicka is an action/adventure game currently under development by Arrowhead Game Studios. The concept of Magicka first came to life in 2008 as a submission to the Swedish Game Awards, Sweden's largest game development competition. The game was first visualized in 2D but has since been remade in 3D and uses much more advanced technology.
By proclamation the wizards of Paradox Interactive and Arrowhead Games have issued an exclusive invitation to join the limited Closed Beta for Magicka. See for yourself the extraordinary wonders in this quite frankly awesome upcoming fantasy adventure game!
Are you ready to join the mythological world of Magicka?
How do you apply for beta access?
- Snap a photo of yourself in a Magicka Robe (bath robe, smoking robe, house robe, Snuggie- whatever works!)
- “Like” the Magicka fan page on Facebook
- Post the photo on the Facebook page wall. Don’t be shy!
When you have posted a Robe-image at the facebook-page, you have a chance to get a place in the limited closed beta. If you are one of the winning wizards selected for a place in the Closed Beta, you will receive a confirmation within 2-3 weeks.
In Magicka, the player takes on the role of a wizard of a decadent ancient order, utilizing a complex game mechanic to let players, in real-time, dynamically combine different elements to create spells or the even more powerful Magicks to exploit the weaknesses of their foes. The game will feature 15 different levels in 9 different environments, giving the players a huge replayability with unlockable magicks, weapons and challenge levels not found the first time around.
All game modes will be available with up to 4 player co-op.
Magicka Game Features:
- Innovative and dynamic spellcasting system with over a million possible combinations
- Up to four-player co-op in all game modes, as well as a single-player option
- Fight your way through 13 different levels in the campaign
- Explore an expansive realm of adventure to defeat the evilest of wizards
- Experience the parody and satire of a clichéd fantasy world
More articles about Magicka