The holiday season represents a key period of growth for Nexon’s all-star lineup of free-to-play games by treating Black Friday much like traditional retailers do by offering savings on highly desired virtual goods. Starting this week, Nexon’s games will host Black Friday sale events featuring discounted items and in-game holiday events. Holiday activities include special increased experience events and holiday and winter-themed adventures.
Here are just a few discounted items players can expect to find:
- MapleStory – Build Your Own Black Friday - Players’ logins and purchases are monitored through a goal meter, located on the side of the Maple Story homepage, and players will unlock special discounts and new items for each milestone that’s met. Specials include 30 percent off pets, Meso Sacks, Skill Point Resets as well as other items which will be revealed as milestones are met, and available for purchase on Nov. 26th.
- Mabinogi – Black Friday specials include a sale on all cash items. Players can also expect a Double Rainbow Event beginning Nov. 25th (Thanksgiving Day) and running all weekend, featuring double drop rates, skill training and Ability Points.
- Dungeon Fighter Online – Thanksgiving Super Sale – Players will be able purchase many of their favorite items in bulk and at a super discounted rate of 20% to 50% off! New stylish avatars for the Fall Season are also available for purchase, and just in time too! Capture Seria’s Crazy Turkeys for a bounty of holiday treats, as well as attend the Thanksgiving Parade, an event that rewards players with Thanksgiving “leftovers” and costumes when fatigue points are burned, in holiday fighting style! These offers are available now through Nov. 30th.
- Vindictus – Beginning on Wednesday, Nov. 24th, Special Vindictus Supply Depot giveaways and promotions will be launched, including 20 percent discounts on packages as well as individual items. A daily giveaway of the Goddess Grace, a unique in-game weapon, as well as a rebate event will also take place now through Nov 30th .
- Combat Arms – Starting November 26th, soldiers can enjoy the results of a month of grueling battle, having played extra hard during November to earn Black Friday Sales. Tracked on a Black Friday Sale Meter, the more they played, the more sales they unlocked. All weekend, soldiers can expect huge discounts on weapons, gear, exclusive holiday packages, and more, including free permanent items! They will also be able to clean up with double drop rates and quadruple experience, enough to raise the spirits of any weary mercenary.
“We work hard on a game-by-game basis to deliver unique holiday items,” said Daniel Kim, Nexon America’s CEO. “With the enormous number of microtransactions we conduct, we have proven that we know how to bring exciting and desired virtual items to our customers. Much like brick-and-mortar retailers, the holiday season represents a great opportunity for us to expand our customer base through fun sales and exciting in-game events.”