Europa Universalis III: Heir to the Throne v4.1b Patch
- Dynamic names of countries will now be seen on the map as its zoomed out, adapting to borders as they change.
- Large overhaul of the Holy Roman Empire, with benefits to those that stay members, and penalties on those trying to wreck it.
- Dozens of major gameplay enhancements, including reinforcing mercenaries, possibility for local naval supremacy, and possibility to annex countries with more than one province.
- Lots of improvements to the AI, providing a more challenging experience for the veteran users.
- Several Interface improvements, including more detailed information for military units and details on the Imperial elections.
Heir to the Throne is the third expansion to the preeminent historical strategy game Europa Universalis III. The expansion takes the hugely successful game beyond complete, with improvements across the board.
- Intriguing Casus Belli system, where wars have specific goals from start to finish.
- Monarchs now belong to dynasties, with far reaching effects on the diplomatic model.
- More involving and powerful Holy Roman Empire and Papacy options.
- Special diplomatic options for Republics.
- Set your National Focus in a province to enhance growth and strengthen your hold in the region.
- Permanent Terra Incognita removed and replaced with impassable regions.
- Cultural Tradition allows better advisors in the same way that Military Tradition allows better generals and admirals.
- Spheres of Influence simulate the Great Game of the major powers.
- More dynamic pirates. Issue letters of marque to plague the sea zones of rival nations.
- Monarchs need to uphold their legitimacy in the eyes of their subjects
- Many other additions and improvements.
More articles about Europa Universalis III: Heir to the Throne