Get set to discover who will take the title of King of the Jungle this Christmas, when Donkey Kong Country Returns launches on 3rd December, exclusively for Wii. From jungle to beach, caves to volcanoes, mine carts and swinging vines to exploding barrels, Donkey Kong Country Returns will provide hours of adrenaline- fuelled fun for friends, family and Donkey Kong fans alike in this all-new, multiplayer Wii game.
And for the first time ever in the series, with Donkey Kong Country Returns you can partner with a mate, sibling, or other member of your family to play side-by-side as primate pals, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, courtesy of a new co-operative two-player mode. Choose to act alone or pick your partner and work together in order to complete a fun-filled series of challenges, puzzles and tasks to reclaim Donkey Kong’s stolen banana stash!
In this all new, side-scrolling adventure, Donkey Kong Country Returns players will be able to fully immerse themselves in the world of the dynamic duo, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. In addition to the reappearance of popular features from the Donkey Kong series, such as barrel cannons and riding mine carts, players will also be presented with new skills to master. With Donkey Kong, players can use the motion controls to make him pound the ground, roll into enemies and blow air. Meanwhile, Diddy Kong can make use of a Barrel Jet which offers hovering abilities, as well as a Peanut Popgun, which he can use against enemies whilst hitching a ride on Donkey Kong’s back – perfect for players who’ve got into the swing of things and want to offer a helping hand to a less-experienced partner.
As if mastering new moves, jumping, running and battling your way to the end of each level wasn’t enough, you’ll also need to keep your eyes peeled as each level contains secret areas and collectibles. If you collect the bonus objects which spell out K-O-N-G, you’ll be rewarded with something very special indeed. For those players wanting to set their pulses racing even faster, there’s a Time Attack mode which challenges you to complete the stage as fast as possible in order to get a gold medal. But beware, anyone can challenge you in a bid to topple your best time – so you may find your sister, girlfriend, or even your dad, doing a Donkey Kong Country Returns Time Attack victory dance this Christmas!Key Features:
- Retro Studios faithfully restores everything that made the original series great, from barrel cannons to mine carts, and then builds on those elements with stunning graphics and new layers of depth to the world and game play. The game offers the traditional side-scrolling experience everyone loved, but with levels created in fully rendered 3-D environments.
- Diddy Kong joins the quest. With his trusty backpack, he can produce a jet pack or Peanut Pop Guns to give Donkey Kong more abilities.
- For the first time ever, the franchise features the ability for two people to play together at the same time — one as Donkey Kong, one as Diddy Kong. Players can navigate the levels separately or as one unit. Diddy Kong can ride on Donkey Kong's back and hop off whenever he pleases, allowing novice players to ride on Donkey Kong's back through more challenging areas of the game.
- Hidden items, puzzle pieces and other surprises are found all through the jungle. Spell out K-O-N-G by the end of each level to earn an extra bonus.
- Motion controls give players a real feeling of control. Players move Donkey Kong using the Control Stick on the Nunchuk controller and can shake the Wii Remote controller to make Donkey Kong slap the ground.
- Vibrant colors, beautiful graphics and fun characters draw players in. Even people who have never played a Donkey Kong game before can pick up a controller and start collecting loads of bananas.
- Every level offers new fun and new challenges. Sometimes Donkey Kong is running through the jungle, sometimes his action takes place on a tropical beach and other times he must become a master of timing as he jumps chasms in a mine cart.
More articles about Donkey Kong Country Returns