When the democratic government of Isla Trueno is overthrown, an aggressive and hostile military command rises to power. A highly trained special ops unit is sent in to help the rebels accomplish objectives that only a sniper can handle. In addition to intense sniper missions, players will also take part in a variety of assault scenarios where their prowess with weapons will be a huge help to the undermanned rebels.
The PS3 version includes all the updates from its predecessors, as well as several new features.
The new release of Sniper: Ghost Warrior features the challenging, non-linear and strategic game play and mission variety that made it a success on other platforms, and adds a host of new features, including:
- Fully upgraded game play and graphics;
- Exclusive single player missions for PS3™ owners;
- Bonus multiplayer maps;
- Exclusive new multiplayer modes including Capture the Flag and Hard Core difficulty mode;
- Exclusive new sniper rifles including the L96 and the M200 Intervention;
- Bonus single-player challenge: Additional mission with Hard Core mode to challenge the very best players.
“Sniper: Ghost Warrior was our most ambitious project to date and although it was extremely well-received by players, we wanted to ensure that the PS3 version took the franchise to a higher level,” said Marek Tyminski, CEO of City Interactive. “With exclusive content and modes, we are eager to introduce the best sniper game on the market to PS3 owners sometime in Q1 next year.”
- Top of the line ballistic system that accounts for environmental effects like wind and gravity. Track the bullet “trace” as it cuts through the air towards the target. Modern snipers and their spotters rely upon this “trace” to make adjustments.
- Non-linear gameplay allows players to decide how they wish to approach a situation. Challenges may be completed in several different sequences, giving players the freedom to explore.
- Variety of mission types from long-range sniping and close quarter combat, to booby-trapping and infiltration.
More articles about Sniper: Ghost Warrior