Take part in online sailing races for free with the Demo version of Sail Simulator 5.
Features available in the free demo:
- Boat: Stentec Laser
- Area map: Treasure Island
- Languages: English, Dutch, German, French and Italian
- Online multiplayer racing
- Single player sailing
- Adjustable wind & waves
Sail Simulator 5 skippers have full control over the boat even in strong wind and high seas. Trim the sails and tighten the sheets to sail the boat at maximum speed.
A new addition is the area of Scheveningen, with (amongst others) pier and port. This makes it perfect for coastal sailing, as you may see on the figure to the right. The 470 Worlds will be organized here from the new regatta centre of the 'Watersportverbond' in 2010.
Organize multiplayer races with other users through the Internet or local network (LAN). Outside Cabrera and Treasure Island we defined two racing tracks. Wind and waves can be set before the race.
- The most realistic and best looking sailing simulation software ever made.
- For sailors and gamers of all ages above 6.
- Learn to sail with several boat types and weather. Ideal for boat trim and regatta training.
- Online Multiplayer sailing and racing with open and organized sessions. Create your own online session with racing courses and weather and compete in popularity with other sessions.
- Compete through an evolutionary session ranking and personal ranking system. Train a race as much possible. Beat strong sailors to become the top ranked sailor in the world.
- Sailing fleet: Laser, 470, Valk, VOR70, Bavaria 36, YD40.
- Sailing areas: Scheveningen, Cabrera, Koh Hong, Treasure Island.
In 2010 Stentec Software will continue to improve Sail Simulator using the latest technologies. Free updates with new boats and options will become available for license holders.
More articles about Sail Simulator 2010