Runes of Magic has redefined the standard for free-to-play MMORPGs in terms of gameplay, fun and quality. The online role-playing game has an exciting, multi-layered story, driven by more than 2,700 quests set in the fantasy world of Taborea. To date, Runes of Magic has attracted more than three million registered users, making it one of the most successful free-to-play titles on the market, and a must play game for all fans of RPGs and MMO games.
Runes of Magic features a unique dual class system enabling players to combine one of eight primary classes with a secondary class. The result is a deep player experience that expands upon the game’s broad customization offering. There are two different playable races, Elves and Humans, from which players can choose. Each dual class combination produces its own powerful elite skills. Another popular feature is the opportunity to furnish your own virtual home, and guilds can construct guild castles, which can be expanded with additional buildings. Thanks to comprehensive crafting and reputation systems, gripping PvP features, deep customization and demanding dungeons, Runes of Magic has something for everyone. Taiwanese developer Runewaker regularly expands the game world with new free content and challenges.
The forthcoming v3.0.6 content update will include the new “Limo Desert” zone as well as a range of other features. The desert zone contains a total of nine sub-regions, one instance, as well as seven oasis settlements, which act as supply stations for players.
The Limo Desert is a long, parched grassland, once inhabited by different tribes including the so-called Canine people. These doglike bipeds are divided into two clans, which once fought side-by-side against their common oppressor. However, present day conflict, which threatens to escalate into a full-blown war, has divided the noble “Iron Teeth” and the rapacious “Rotteneyes” tribes.
In one of the regions, the Kingdom of Limon, lie the mortal remains of one of the Canine tribe’s most decorated war heroes. Players must reach the pyramid-shaped burial chamber buried deep in the desert zone instance, which offers both tactical challenges and plenty of surprises.
Runes of Magic Features
- Dual class system with eight classes and unique elite skills
- Individual furnishing of player housing and guild castles
- In-depth story experienced through over 2,700 quests laced with epic quest-lines
- Gripping Player-versus-Player duels in arenas and on the battlefield
- Easy travel using portal stones and a wide range of mountable animals
- Challenging boss-combat in dangerous and extensive dungeons with up to 36 simultaneous player
- Entertaining mini-games offering variety to the hero’s routine
- Dynamic crafting and customization of items
- Regular comprehensive free updates with new game content
- Free-to-Play: No monthly subscription, free to download the game
Runes of Magic is free-to-play MMO, currently available worldwide.
More articles about Runes of Magic