Call of Duty: Black Ops will take you behind enemy lines as a member of an elite special forces unit engaging in covert warfare, classified operations, and explosive conflicts across the globe. With access to exclusive weaponry and equipment, your actions will tip the balance during the most dangerous time period mankind has ever known.
Call of Duty: Black Ops will be compatible with 3D-ready HDTVs and 3D PCs utilizing state-of-the-art active shutter 3D glasses, delivering true depth of field and an unprecedented level of immersion that is perfectly suited for the Call of Duty action experience. Call of Duty: Black Ops will be playable in both 3D and non-3D on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Call of Duty: Black Ops for PC is NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready and supports stereoscopic 3D gaming using 3D Vision active-shutter glasses and NVIDIA GeForce GPUs, while on Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles, 3D features require a compatible 3D-ready HD TV.
Several retailers have announced their plans for midnight openings, but to makes things easier, head to the Midnight Opening Locator to find your nearest participating Midnight Opening retailers.GameStop announced that it will host events at 4,408 of its stores Monday, Nov. 8, 2010 leading up to the midnight release of Activision’s Call of Duty: Black Ops. This represents the largest number of stores opened for a midnight launch event in GameStop history.
With festivities at stores kicking off Monday at 9:30 p.m., Call of Duty: Black Ops fans will have an opportunity to see the blockbuster game prior to midnight and to enter the “going camo” face painting and Call of Duty trivia contests. In addition, GameStop PowerUp Rewards members who pre-order and purchase Call of Duty: Black Ops within the first 48 hours of the Nov. 9 launch will receive 250 PowerUp Rewards bonus points.
“The sheer number of stores we are opening attests to the fact that this is the game of 2010,” said Bob McKenzie, senior vice president of merchandising for GameStop. “We anticipate Call of Duty: Black Ops will not only be the biggest video game event of the year, but the biggest launch in GameStop’s history.”
Call of Duty: Black Ops will be celebrated at more than 700 Best Buy midnight openings nationwide on Tuesday, November 9 at 12:01 am. The midnight events will give fans the opportunity to be among the first to get their copy of the hotly-anticipated blockbuster title and experience it like never before.
“This is the hottest release of the year and we’re thrilled to be able to open more of our stores early to give customers the chance be among the first to own it – and in 3D,” said Chris Homeister, senior vice president and general manager of the home entertainment group at Best Buy. “Best Buy is the ideal place for fans to pick up the game and get everything they need for the ultimate Call of Duty: Black Ops 3D experience.”
To commemorate the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops, Best Buy is celebrating with:
- A wide selection of 3D-enabled products, including the full range of available 3DTVs, as well as cameras, camcorders and now games
- Incredible home theater deals that allow fans to get into the 3D action without breaking the bank
- Best Buy Blue Shirts ready to help customers unlock the possibilities of 3D gaming to deliver an unprecedented view of the intense Call of Duty: Black Ops action.
Also, the first 50 attendees at one of the 2,700 24-hour participating Walmart locations will receive an exclusive Call of Duty: Black Ops bandana.
- Wide array of play modes including single player, local multiplayer versus and online co-op and multiplayer
- Call of Duty’s signature multiplayer gameplay returns with new perks and killstreaks, deeper levels of character and weapon customization, and all new modes including:
- Wager Matches: One in the Chamber, Gun Game, Stick and Stones, Sharpshooter
- Theater Mode: View, record, and edit your favorite moments form multiplayer, and share with your friends
- Combat Training: Test your skills solo or Co-Op with friends against AI enemy players
- Seventh installment of the Call of Duty series, based on the live fire conflicts of the Cold War era
- Diverse variety of play setting ranging from urban air and ground combat in SE Asia, to snow combat in Soviet region and jungle combat
- Blending of traditional COD, and new first-person character scenarios designed to both retain the essence of the COD gaming experience and ensure constantly flowing and varied action
- New arsenal of weapons and vehicles tied to the Cold War era, including the SR-71 Blackbird and sited explosive-tipped crossbows
- Fan favorite Zombie mode is back providing endless hours of Zombie-slaying entertainment, solo or Co-Op
Call of Duty: Black Ops is rated "M" (Mature - Blood, Drug, Reference, Intense Violence and Language) by the ESRB.
More articles about Call of Duty: Black Ops