TERA raises the bar, setting new standards in the gaming industry. It is a visually stunning world with graphic quality above all other games in the industry. You will experience a new ground-breaking gameplay system where stereotypes of traditional MMORPGs will be broken. You will have full control over the attacks and the fate of your enemy. No more "pointing and clicking" and playing combat relay with the enemies. Furthermore, not only do you control the action, TERA is also set in a world where the players will dictate the flow of the economy and individually impact the community environment.
In TERA, players master their destiny in a richly detailed game world with a pioneering dynamic combat system. Individual player actions can transform the balance of power in a world where old rivalries are erased, and disparate races must form a common federation to stave off destruction by marauding monsters and warring gods.
You become part of the realm of Arborea, created by the Ancient Gods. You defend your race in a fantasy world where your creators, descendents of the Ancient Gods, have warred upon each other centuries ago. Join forces and become part of a vast world in constant conflict, where new battles and weaponry skills will leave you grasping for more as you become immersed in the realm of Arborea. Take charge and become the hero the world seeks!
Achievements in TERA: Heightening the Player Experience
Typically, MMO gamers play with the goal of leveling-up, acquiring the best items, and completing quests in order to craft the ultimate character. TERA expands upon this basic player experience with a richly designed achievement system that offers fresh challenges and unexpected rewards. Players can garner acclaim through a wide variety of achievement types, including exploration- and quest-based achievements, PvP achievements, statistical achievements (such as the number of potions consumed or the number of deaths), and even social achievements like talking to every NPC in the game!
In addition to the enriched gameplay, TERA’s achievement system also deepens and expands the game’s story. Achievements provide players the ability to relive plotlines, story settings, and character information—previously experienced by playing through quests and reading NPC text—in a whole new way! As players continue to gain levels and delve deeper into the story, they unlock corresponding story journals one by one, further expanding the rich lore and story of the world of TERA.
Featured Race: Amani
“They aren't gonna stab themselves!” —a common amani exclamation
The descendants of dragons, the amani (ah-MAH-nee) are identifiable by their considerable stature, and reptilian features and skin. Enslaved by conquering giants and freed by the goddess Kaia with the help of the castanics, the amani value freedom above all things. They are naturally watchful and slow to trust, but having earned their trust, you will have it until you prove faithless. You really don't want to do that.
Amani are direct in speech and action, honest, candid, and somewhat imperious. They are usually respected, often admired, sometimes feared. No one doubts they will say what they mean, do what they say, and make life very hard on their enemies.
Featured Class: Lancer
Key attacks in the lancer arsenal are Lance Charge and Onslaught—powerful moves that drive deep into enemy formations. Along with ever more powerful combo attacks, high level lancers boost the defense of party members, weaken their foes’ armor, and draw aggro from all parts of the battlefield, establishing themselves as a dynamic and necessary part of any group.
Unlike traditional MMOs, there is no "point and click" system, giving you more control of the character and providing more riveting action play. No longer do you click your mouse and doze off into the sunset waiting for your opponent to die. You will have full control over the attacks and the fate of your enemy. TERA is set in a world where you, the players, will impact the community. The players will dictate the flow of the economy. You will trade, buy/sell more frequently with fellow players and create a community unique to your world.
- Explore and Engage: Experience an Action MMO beyond "point and click," where position, timing, and aim determine success in combat, and player characters climb, jump, and swim over and through obstacles.
- All Action, No Faction: Go beyond canned stories and existing factions to write the history of TERA in real time as six races join to change their world together.
- Discover a Rich Fantasy World: Play six character races (Human, High Elf, Castanic, Aman, Popori, and Baraka) and eight classes (Warrior, Lancer, Slayer, Berserker, Archer, Sorcerer, Priest, and Mystic); battle hundreds of monsters over thousands of quests in a game world filled with a huge array of weapons and items, and rich in history and lore.
- Enjoy Lush Graphics: Explore a stunning world filled with breathtaking vistas and dark, terrifying dungeons with TERA's next-gen graphics and animation.
- Experience a Vibrant Community: Enjoy player-centric community options with unparalleled security and service.
- Choice of Control: Play with mouse/keyboard or your favorite PC-compatible console controllers.
- Play with Confidence: Keep your focus where it should be—in the game. TERA is fully localized, tested, serviced, and supported for North America and Europe.
More articles about TERA: The Exiled Realm of Arborea