v1.1.3 Bug Fixes
- New game categories have been added to filter Tower Defense and Tug of War custom maps.
- TERRAN Thor
- This unit will now prioritize attacking ground combat units over Medivacs.
- TERRAN Thor
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed a desync that could occur when trying to watch replays that had a dependency on bank files.
v1.1.2 Bug Fixes
- Players will no longer receive achievement toasts while their status is set to "Busy."
- The messaging when attempting to load a saved game or replay from a previous version has been clarified.
- Adjusted the amount of points earned and lost by random team participants to properly reflect the strength of a player's teammates.
- Nexus life and shields increased from 750/750 to 1000/1000.
- Void Ray
- Damage level 1 increased from 5 to 6 (+4 armored).
- Damage level 2 decreased from 10 (+15 armored) to 8 (+8 armored).
- Flux Vanes speed upgrade bonus decreased from 1.125 to 0.703.
- Barracks requirement changed from Command Center to Supply Depot.
- Supply Depot life increased from 350 to 400.
- Acceleration reduced from 2.315 to 2.25.
- Speed reduced from 2.75 to 2.5.
- Nitro Packs speed upgrade now has a Factory Requirement.
- Energy bar removed.
- 250mm Strike Cannons is now cooldown-based on a 50-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown available (useable immediately after upgrade is researched).
- Hatchery life increased from 1250 to 1500.
- Lair life increased from 1800 to 2000.
- Spawning Pool life increased from 750 to 1000.
- Spire life increased from 600 to 850.
- Ultralisk Cavern life increased from 600 to 850.
- Energy bar removed.
- Corruption is now cooldown-based on a 45-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown expired (must wait for full 45-second cycle before usable).
- Fungal Growth now prevents Blink.
- Range increased from 3 to 4.
- Fixed an issue where players could not cast the Feedback spell on Point Defense Drones.
- Fixed an issue where the Phoenix would continue to channel Graviton Beam after the target died.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Larvae to spawn and be hidden behind Zerg eggs.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to navigate to the Single Player page or watch replays after canceling map downloads from the queue.
- Fixed a desync that could occur on user-created maps with custom mod dependencies.
v1.03 Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue preventing some players from accessing offline play from the login screen.
Sporting a vibrant 3D-graphics engine, StarCraft II will once again center on the clash between the protoss, terrans, and zerg, with each side deploying legions of veteran, upgraded, and new unit types. Unparalleled online play for StarCraft II will be available through a new version of Battle.net, Blizzard Entertainment's world-renowned gaming service. Battle.net has been redesigned from the ground up to be the premier online gaming destination for Blizzard gamers, with several enhancements and new features, such as voice communication, cloud file storage, leagues and ladders, achievements, stat-tracking, and more.
The solo campaign for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty will continue the epic saga where it left off in StarCraft: Brood War. The story line chronicles the exploits of marshal-turned-rebel-leader Jim Raynor and features both familiar faces and new heroes. Players will be able to tailor the experience, choosing their own mission path and selecting technology and research upgrades to suit their playing style throughout the 29-mission campaign. Several challenge-mode mini-games will also be included, with focused goals designed to ease players into the basics of multiplayer strategies.
- Fast-paced, hard-hitting, tightly balanced competitive real-time strategy gameplay that recaptures and improves on the magic of the original game
- Three completely distinct races: Protoss, Terran, and Zerg
- New units and gameplay mechanics further distinguish each race
- Groundbreaking single-player campaign
- Vibrant new 3D-graphics engine with support for dazzling visual effects and massive unit and army sizes
- Full multiplayer support, with new competitive features and matchmaking utilities available through Battle.net
- Full map-making and scripting tools to give players incredible freedom in customizing and personalizing their gameplay experience
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 and Macintosh. The standard edition will sell for a suggested retail price of $59.99 and will also be available shortly after release as a download through the online Blizzard Store. The special Collector’s Edition package, which is priced at $99.99 and will only be available at retail stores. Players who purchase either edition will be able to play online for no additional fee through the new version of Battle.net.
More articles about StarCraft II