Runes of Magic has redefined the standard for free-to-play MMORPGs in terms of gameplay, fun and quality. The online role-playing game has an exciting, multi-layered story, driven by more than 2,800 quests set in the fantasy world of Taborea. To date, Runes of Magic has attracted more than three million registered users, making it one of the most successful free-to-play titles on the market, and a must play game for all fans of RPGs and MMO games.
Runes of Magic features a unique dual class system enabling players to combine one of eight primary classes with a secondary class. The result is a deep player experience that expands upon the game’s broad customization offering. There are two different playable races, Elves and Humans, from which players can choose. Each dual class combination produces its own powerful elite skills. Another popular feature is the opportunity to furnish your own virtual home, and guilds can construct guild castles, which can be expanded with additional buildings. Thanks to comprehensive crafting and reputation systems, gripping PvP features, deep customization and demanding dungeons, Runes of Magic has something for everyone. Taiwanese developer Runewaker regularly expands the game world with new free content and challenges.
The just released update, ‘Treasures of the Desert’, raises the level cap to 62, and adds a new region, the Limo Desert, and a new instance, Kawak’s Tomb, to the popular online game. After extensive testing, Frogster has also reinstated the option for Runes of Magic players to trade in-game gold for diamonds, the main virtual currency for the game’s item shop. The free fantasy online game is the only title in the free-to-play segment where players can use in-game currency to trade for items from the item shop.
A new public battle, the ‘Yasheedee Catastrophe’, is now available across all Runes of Magic servers. To prevail in this legendary battle, players have to conquer aggressive foes. In the first phase of the multifaceted encounter, players must use special ropes to capture a horde of nasty worm-like creatures. The second phase challenges players to put as many Resonance Stones as possible in the right place. The more stones they place, the easier it is in the third and fourth phases, where the wicked ‘Hardskin Yasheedees’ and the formidable ‘Crimson Devourer’, an exceptionally tough boss, await.
Runes of Magic Features
- Dual class system with eight classes and unique elite skills
- Individual furnishing of player housing and guild castles
- In-depth story experienced through over 2,800 quests laced with epic quest-lines
- Gripping Player-versus-Player duels in arenas and on the battlefield
- Easy travel using portal stones and a wide range of mountable animals
- Challenging boss-combat in dangerous and extensive dungeons with up to 36 simultaneous player
- Entertaining mini-games offering variety to the hero’s routine
- Dynamic crafting and customization of items
- Regular comprehensive free updates with new game content
- Free-to-Play: No monthly subscription, free to download the game
Runes of Magic is free-to-play MMO, currently available worldwide.
More articles about Runes of Magic