Miner Wars is a 6DOF underground and space shooter played in a fully destructible environment and is a combination of single player story game and MMO.
As a player, you operate an advanced mining ship in an open world asteroid belt area. You dig kilometers of tunnels, harvest the ore, travel the solar system, fight your enemies and discover mysterious alien secrets.
Game play is led by an epic story and is a combination of a single/multi-player game, cooperative, or you against everyone.
The story will introduce you to many types of missions: rescue, exploration, revenge, base defense, theft, transportation, stealth, search and destroy, pure harvesting, racing or just flying around and destroying everything you see.
What is this editor all about? Exactly what does it edit?
Well, it edits Sectors, to put it simply, and by the time it's finished the Miner Wars 2081 player can make his/her own expansion if they want.
Miner Wars Editor Key Features
- Create and save randomly generated sectors in two clicks. Randomly generated sectors also vary in overall colors of sector (fog, etc.)
- Create asteroids with selected material
- Carve asteroids into desired shapes
- Create large and small ships, debris
- Small ships in placement act as enemy bots
- Move and place the objects around in your sectors(rotating non-voxel objects added recently)
- Save and play your sector
- Share your sectors instantly with others
Already some pretty impressive functionality. Let's take a peek at their progress.
Following is the list of features they're working on as we speak:
- Move and change player starting position
- Copy/paste objects
- Choose behavior of small ships (enemy, friend, guns and more)
- Multiple-material asteroids
- Merging asteroids between themselves (this is a method of generating new and interesting asteroid shapes)
- Reload currently edited sector
- Control Fog and Sun colors
So it looks like pretty soon, not only will you be able to enter multi-player games with buddies, but you'll also be able set up basic scenarios too. Co-op, anyone? How's about a HUGE space battle, where the outcome is never the same twice?
- Fully Destructible Environment
- Single Player Story & MMO
- Persistent open world - millions of km
- 15 mission types: Revenge, Mining, Harvesting, Defending, Exploration, Rescue and more
- High quality rendering
The game is still available for a 70% discount. This package includes free access to the current build, and free updates to the engine until the final stages of production. To take advantage of this offer while it's still hot, visit the Miner Wars store.
More articles about Miner Wars 2081