Jiminy Cricket is looking over the journal he used to document his first adventure with Sora when he discovers a mysterious message. He didn’t write it – so how did it get there? King Mickey is determined to find out, so he and his friends decide to digitise the journal and delve into its deepest secrets. Inside this “datascape” dwells a second Sora who is about to embark on a grand adventure of his very own.
With new game mechanics, a variety of different play systems and a custom avatar system, Kingdom Hearts Re:coded looks set to be another colourful and fun-filled Kingdom Hearts adventure.
Not long after Sora’s second journey has come to a close, Jiminy is flipping through the two journals that chronicle their adventures when he discovers a mysterious message in one of them: Their hurting will be mended when you return to end it.
To uncover the message’s secrets, the King and friends decide to digitize the journal for further analysis. However, they are alarmed to discover the “datascape” inside the journal has been overrun by bugs. Now, it is up to the Data-Sora recorded in the journal’s pages to eliminate these bugs as he embarks on an adventure of his very own.
- Discover the Untold Story: Taking place after Kingdom Hearts II, return to your favourite magical Disney worlds and events through Kingdom Hearts Re:coded.
- Unleash Spectacular Attacks and Spellbinding Magic: The popular “Deck Command” system of Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep comes to Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, allowing you to execute over 100 types of different commands such as attack and recover, with a single button.
- Battle System Variety: Experience a wide variety of different battle systems, including side-scrolling boss battles, 3D shooting and even Command Battles – as seen in the Final Fantasy series. The variety of game and battle styles adds to the fun.
- New Growth System: The Stat Matrix: Increase and customise Sora’s power and abilities with an exciting new growth system, by placing new chips found in the adventure, into a circuit board. It’s colourful and simple to use yet with hidden depths for those willing to explore.
- Meet Other Players with Tag Mode: Create your own custom avatar by collecting components from cleared areas. Swap floor maps and avatars with friends and other players and create your own dungeon by collecting maps via Tag Mode.
More articles about Kingdom Hearts Re:coded