Europa Universalis III, which delves deeply into the areas of exploration, trade, warfare and diplomacy, is an epic strategy game where players take control of a nation and guide it through the ages to become a great global empire. Unparalleled in its depth and historical accuracy, Europa Universalis III gives players freedom to rule their nation from an impressive choice of over 250 historically accurate countries.
With Paradox Connect achievements, Europa Universalis III Divine Wind will give players even more opportunities to show their skills and focus on their strategic approach to beating missions and campaigns.
“I am extremely excited about this new functionality, which will truly enrich the gaming experience for our fans.”, said Johan Andersson, Executive VP of Development. “It will strengthen the community at our forums, giving them more things to talk about.”
Most future Paradox titles will have achievements, which will give the community additional replayability and a way to show off their skills. Collective achievement points over time will highlight the top players of every game and give the elite bragging rights for their efforts.
With Europa Universalis III Divine Wind, there will be dozens of achievements to get players rolling on Paradox Connect, including:
- 'Napoleon was not this good!' - Disband HRE as France within 3 years (1792)
- 'All belongs to Mother Russia' - (1399 Russian culture, from Russia )
- 'Basileus' - Restore the Byzantine Empire to historical border (1399)
- 'For Liberty' - 1773 as USA, be at peace, and own all 13 colonies.
All of the achievements are optional and don’t affect the gameplay for other players, other than the intimidation factor when opponents see loads of badges and ribbons before multiplayer matches.
Requiring Europa Universalis III Complete as well as the Heir to the Throne expansion to play, Divine Wind introduces a new graphical style, a more detailed map, and a wealth of new oriental provinces to control.
- Play as one of four major daimyo’s in Japan vying for influence over the Emperor and control over the Shogunate
- Enhanced diplomacy with more options for alliances and peace negotiations
- Dozens of new culture-specific building types allowing greater control over the development of provinces
- More realistic development of trade
- Manage the internal factions within China to keep the Mandate of Heaven
- Over 50 Achievements for players to unlock
- Multiplayer for up to 32 players
- Requires Europa Universalis III Complete and the expansion Heir to the Throne in order to play
Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind will release with a recommended retail price of $19.99/€19.99/£14.99.
More articles about Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind