FIFA Manager 11 Update #2 Fixes:
Bug fixing and improvements
Altogether, almost 300 improvements are part of Update 2, ranging from the finance area to the 3D mode. We re-implemented the auto-update feature; the league prediction table can now be sorted by team strength and not by random; “The Big Spenders” also contains transfers from clubs that are not being simulated; the option to lend players if you are playing with a smaller club was improved; the text-mode problem with the manager being banned was fixed; in 3D mode the AI now reacts better to tactical changes of the opponent; the effect of freshness are now clearly visible in 3D mode; Live Season was optimized; problems during the stadium extension were solved; players won’t end their careers too early and if their contract are still running; The league composition and structure in the Netherlands was adapted and so on. A special focus was set on the enhancement of the transfer market. We also made changes in the Online Mode, especially in the “trophies” section.
Overall, 2,095 new player pictures will be added as a part of Update 2. Focal points thereby are Italy, Greece and Turkey, in addition missing pictures for Germany and France were included as well.
The Database has been extensively updated and is included (as of 11/29/2010).
The extent of the update is now set and the version is in the final test. As soon as it is approved, Update 2 will go live – we will let you know immediately.
FIFA Manager 11 Update #1 Fixes:
- Offer-problem for reserve players and players from the second team is fixed, you will now receive many more offers for your players
- Reserve team problem in Live Season is fixed, meaning that results of the second teams are now correctly selected and depicted
- European Cup problem in Live Season solved, meaning that groups are now selected correctly and are presented in the game correctly
- More than 100 further improvements and bug fixes, among others the amount of newspaper reports were reduced, graphical as well as logical discrepancies were corrected
- Various improvements in Online Mode
FIFA Manager 11 delivers a host of improvements aimed at making the game the most authentic of the series to date, while lowering the barrier of entry for first time players. More experienced football managers will appreciate the new and improved tactics system which allows for quicker and deeper involvement. A new and highly polished pitch screen allows the manager to quickly set instructions for individual players as well as for the entire team’s playing style - including increased control of set-pieces and offensive/defensive player movement orders.
Further enhancements include new cup draws, a special status for Derby matches, a revised player level system, a new experience system, a new player search system and a World Cup tournament that can be played separately to the main game. In addition, the transfer period has been changed to mirror the real life football calendar.
The online mode which was successfully launched in FIFA Manager 10 has been considerably expanded and an action-card system has been implemented, allowing even more direct influence on the game’s flow.
Savegames you create in the demo can be continued with the full version of FIFA MANAGER 11.
The playing time in the demo is limited to six months. First leagues clubs from the following countries can be selected: England, France, Poland, Spain or Germany.
Due to size issues, the demo contains only generic jerseys and a limited amount of stadiums. As play mode, only the “Club Selection” can be selected. The Online Mode, the World Cup Mode, the match prognosis and other full game elements are not available, as well as simulation and various 3D areas like the stadium editor or the team control (action mode) feature. Also due to space issues the demo neither contains music nor sound effects or commentators.
- Line-up and Tactics: The tactics area in FIFA MANAGER 11 is completely re-designed and now offers a unique complexity. Target positions for every single player in offensive and defensive play can be set directly on the pitch (even in Full HD). The manager can now also choose between several variations for goal and corner kicks. Various tactic presets and formations can be defined and easily selected before a game with just one mouse click. A new formation assistant guarantees optimal adjustment of the manager’s line-up in case of bans or injuries without permanent efforts of the manager. For beginners the new Tactics Wizard makes life really easy. Before its use every tactical option is explained in detail and the manager can make informed step-by-step decisions.
- New Rating, Skill and Morale System: FIFA MANAGER 11 will use a new system to rate its about 40,000 players and to make the differences between the players more obvious.Every player gets a playing level for every position, and the skill differences between the positions will become a lot more realistic. Players will be more flexible to learn new positions, and experience becomes more important. The game also introduces a new morale system, which makes it more challenging for the user to keep a high morale for all players, especially in strong teams with a lot of competition between the players.
- Transfer Market: For many fans the transfer window in summer has now become more exciting than the actual season.The realistic implementation of this period, surely the most stressful for any manager, is another focal point in this year’s FIFA MANAGER. This core feature of every football management simulation now confronts the manager with all the challenges real managers have to face. Players and agents will now tell you what they expect from you ahead of the talks and the AI clubs will become a lot smarter and use all the tactics we know from real-life, e.g. they make offers to players just to weaken the direct competition. Life at a small club also becomes much harder and if there is only a 1-year contract left it’s often only the decision between the money or an unhappy player for one last year. The clubs will now have long-term strategies and will immediately react if a season went not as good as expected. The media pressure is a central challenge for managers with its regular gossip, talks about offers and contract extensions or news on unsatisfied players. There is even a newspaper archive with all the headlines and articles from the first rumours to the signed contract. But the manager can also use the very nature of the press to his advantage. He can involve the media at an early stage of negotiations with his favourite players, by praising them or advising them to not extent their contract at their club, all to direct them to his own club later. Much like in reality, it pays off if the manager cares about new signings from a very early stage.
- Just Football!: FIFA MANAGER is well-known to simulate all aspects of club management. This year a new mode allows the user to just focus on teams and transfers. Other features that make the game more accessible are a new Search feature to find clubs, players and league data a lot faster and a new “Links Widget” to quickly jump to the game areas used most often.
- Separate World Cup Mode: It is possible to replay the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa directly from the main menu. This is a quick game mode that takes 20 minutes to 2 hours to complete, depending on the manager’s success and love for details.
- Community Wishes: FIFA MANAGER 11 comes along with a series of community driven improvements, e.g. a special presentation of local matches, new cup draws, the possibility to set the clubs for all “Found a Club” leagues, more transfers in last 24 hours before the transfer market closes, thousands of new lines of text in the Live Ticker, new FIFA player faces, youth player contract negotiations, and many other advances in practically all areas of the game. New pre-matchday screens give the manager additional information on the next opponent, important other matches, historic results and on the cities and stadiums.
- Extended Online Mode: FIFA MANAGER 11 also includes an extended Online Mode which has been successfully introduced last year. Amongst other features, a new action-card system has been implemented, allowing even more direct influence on the match action.
Other new features are a draft for youth players, new auction types and regular sponsor missions, which let the managers compete for bonus payments.
More articles about FIFA Manager 11