It is the year 2158, and after a hundred years of space exploration humanity has still only visited a small fraction of our galaxy. Corporations routinely send out one-man prospectors, via warp gates, to locate energy-dense resource locations on remote planets and asteroids. Based on the prospector's findings, and if they manage to survive, the corporations launch large factory-builders to start full scale mining operations.
The Prospector Guild is an organization established to train, regulate, and provide jobs for the prospectors. Prospectors have become more than just mere miners. They are explorers, mercenaries, archaeologists, and entrepreneurs.
The Scavengers were once human exiles of Earth. Now they are cyborgs, spread in sparse groups across the unexplored worlds. Using whatever technology they could pillage, the Scavengers survived in small divided clans. Now Scavenger clans are uniting. Gathering their forces and attacking factories, science stations, and mining operations on undefended planets. The Earth Military Force is largely ineffective against such a sparse and unpredictable enemy. The Prospector Guild, the Science Academy, and VinderCorp (the largest of the galactic mining corporations) are also targets of these brutal attacks.
Perhaps a one-person, highly mobile prospector with the right technology and talents can finally uncover the true purpose of the Scavenger unification.
The player takes on the role of a prospector, a one-person mining, salvage, and construction unit, taking on missions on remote planets across the galaxy in search of resources, technology, and adventure.
At the start of the game the player will choose their own prospecting rig, an all-purpose construction, combat, and mining vehicle that will be used throughout the game. The rig can be outfitted with a large selection of weapons and various upgrade modules. In each mission the player will be transported to a unique planet. There the player must build a base, gather resources, create units, and complete assigned mission objectives earning experience and credits. At each level of experience the player will get skill points and gain access to new units, buildings, and items.
- 100 randomly generated missions (including story centric missions) within a galaxy that is unique for every player.
- Earn experience, skill points, and credits from missions to purchase units, upgrades, and weapons.
- Battle against brutal Scavenger forces as well as a myriad of hostile creatures.
- Scan and mine ore, build wells to collect fuel, defend your base with turrets.
- Units gain combat experience and level-up within each mission and can be upgraded with shields, armor, damage, and other attributes.
- Collect loot from enemies. Use your rig to salvage wreckage for unique items.
- Outfit your Rig with weapons and modules to boost your stats.
More articles about Star Prospector