MLB Dugout Heroes is the first fully licensed and online-based PC baseball game in North America, featuring all Major League Baseball players and stadiums from the past and present. GamesCampus, the publisher of the game for the North American market, drew great public attention when they announced that they had signed an online interactive licensing agreement with MLB Advanced Media, LP (MLBAM) in November 2008. Based on this agreement, GamesCampus holds the right to incorporate official Major League Baseball league and club marks and logos, MLB ballpark images and more in this micro-transaction based game.
In addition to the MLB-licensed game features, the game has many unique gameplay attractions. It’s unique and realistic leveling system allows players to grow stronger and better as they continue through the game. In addition, special points are given to players as they complete baseball missions (quests) given daily or weekly, and these points can be used to purchase new players, uniforms, items, and more!
GamesCampus has launched a huge new update that includes exciting new features for Season 3 of its popular online baseball game, MLB Dugout Heroes. Among the many new features are more Stadiums, AI Take Over, A Team Home Run Derby contest, a new Scout/ Recruiting feature and new Fielding Errors.
- New Stadiums: Two new stadiums have been added to MLB Dugout Heroes! Enjoy the foreign stadiums that will become available as an unlockable feature! More Stadiums are coming so stay tuned!
- AI Takeover: Season 3 will now have the option for players to continue the game against the computer. No more nullifying a game in the last few innings because the opponent chose to quit; this new exciting feature will finish up the game with the computer and players will still get their EXP!
- Team Home Run Derby: Players will now have a chance to gather up to nine of their friends and compete in an intense 5 on 5 home run derby with this exciting new feature! Play for bragging rights in this highly addictive new mode with the option to choose your own pitcher for the opponent!
- Scouting: This fun new feature will allow players to dispatch a scout to help recruit players for their team. The scout will recruit based on needs specified by the player such as pitcher, batter or division. Players can now choose to recruit one of the players based on scouting reports and the needs of their team!
- Recruiting Free Agents: Players will now have the opportunity to recruit up to three free agents for their team! The free agents will be in mid-season form and ready to be starters in their starting rotation. Players may choose from a list of free agents and offer a contract, but depending on the quality of the offer, a free agent may decide to accept or decline the offer.
- Fielding Errors: Three new types of errors will soon be included in MLB Dugout Heroes. Depending on a player's throwing ability and stamina - they will now make errors which will affect their chances of winning the game!
- New Animations: In addition to the all the new features, Season 3 brings several animations that have been added to enhance gameplay. Everything from a broken bat to different swing-and-miss animations and a home run celebration have been added to make gameplay that much more fun!
- New Ladder Channel (Coming Soon!): Players have asked for a true ranking system and it is coming soon! Players will be randomly paired up with an opponent for a 9-inning game that will count towards their overall rank! The rankings, up to the top 100 will be available in-game and will be updated daily. For all the games that have been played in the ladder channel, players will also be able to see the overall home run leaders, strike out leaders, ERA leaders and more!
- Draft and create your favorite players from any MLB year – Choose your favorite players from any MLB era and create the best team!
- Play Online or practice by yourself – Play against your friends online to see who’s the best!
- Level up your team and players – By playing against people online, your players level up and become stronger and trained!
- Unique items – Users will be able to purchase new player draft cards, uniforms, bats, pitches, and much more!
- Features animated versions of real MLB players – See your favorite players as cartoon versions of themselves!
- Easy learning curve – Fun for both beginner and expert gamers alike!
More articles about MLB Dugout Heroes