The Might & Magic Heroes VI adventure starts 400 years before the events in Heroes of Might & Magic V, showcasing a family of heroes in a thrilling, epic story where Angels plot to revive an unfinished war.
A legendary Archangel general killed during the war of the Elder races returns to life with a vengeance. Under the cover of preparations for an upcoming Demon invasion, he unites the peoples of Ashan to eradicate his ancient enemies. However, he underestimates the power of the all too human dynasty of the Griffin Dukes.
Nomadic barbarian tribes, the Orcs are the scattered but proud survivors of a long persecution. During the First Eclipse, the wizards of the Seven Cities experimented with forbidden magic. By injecting demon blood into human criminals, they created a "mutant" race of shock-troopers: the Orcs. Half-brothers to the Demons, the Orcs were trained from birth to become their ultimate Nemesis. They would eventually defeat the Demons and push them back within their prison-world.
They were rewarded for their tremendous acts of courage appropriately. The peoples of Ashan decided to make them slaves.
At the time of the Second Eclipse, the Orcs have gained their freedom but there are still those who prefer them in chains. Orcs are strong warriors and shamans with access to only certain types of magic - essentially either "blood magic", which is chaotic in nature and linked to their demonic origins, or simple shamanistic spells.
- Goblin (Upgrade: Goblin Hunter) : Goblins are "degenerate" Orcs, who were originally "failures" in the Orc experiment, born from the blood of lesser demons (mostly Imps). The average Goblin is devious, cowardly, and stupid. They rarely attack unless having the numbers of a mob, preferring sneak attacks and (poorly constructed) booby traps.
- Harpy (Upgrade: Fury): Half-human and half-bird of prey, Harpies were originally used as scouts, messengers and skirmishers in the Wizards' armies.
- Mauler (Upgrade: Crusher): Lightly armored and heavily armed, the Orc Maulers are the basic front-line (basic front-line troops, foot soldiers, grunts) of the Stronghold hordes. Their usual tactic is simply to rush straight at the enemy, counting on their numbers, speed, ferocity and toughness to break the opposing lines and pound the hell out of them.
The Griffin heroes’ destinies will be written by players. In the game, players will be able to:
- Enjoy the critically acclaimed Heroes gameplay, remasterized with developer Black Hole Entertainment, and in close partnership with the game’s numerous fans.
- Experience the unique mix of Turn-Based Strategy & RPG: Explore extra-large adventure maps, collect tons of resources and build extraordinary cities. Perfect your tactics to level-up your heroes, recruit troops & ready them for combat on exclusive battle maps
- Shape your destiny: Lead the Heroes of the Griffin dynasty within an intriguing scenario. Choose your path, assume your choices and customize your gaming experience thanks to a brand new reputation system.
- Rediscover the richness of the Might & Magic Universe: Discover fantastic landscapes and creatures from the world of Ashan. Enjoy revisited 3D designs and an exclusive new bestiary.
- Share with the community: Post content & compete with your friends using a new and intelligent, online community interface.
More articles about Might & Magic Heroes VI