Planet Calypso is the largest real economy Massively Multiplayer Online Game in the world. Players have the ability to participate in a unique virtual world where they only pay for the game when they play. Its innovative real money economy uses a virtual currency which has a fixed exchange rate with the US dollar. This allows players to deposit and withdraw real funds for their adventures on Calypso or in the real world. It is also the first MMORPG to use CryTek's stunning CryENGINE 2 for amazing graphics and physics. Planet Calypso is the oldest planet in the Entropia Universe and is free to download.
Planet Calypso is hosting it's extremely popular Merry Mayhem hunting contest again for all the naughty and nice, boys and girls.
The Merry Mayhem hunting contest awards prizes to those with the most kill-points over a total of no more than 30 hours. (Even gamers need time to open presents, see their families and drink Eggnog). The event starts on December 26th 00:00 UTC and lasts until December 30th 23:59 UTC, with the winners being announced on January 8th, including the top 200 list for all categories with points and times. The competition will have four separate categories. Category qualification will be based upon the highest of certain Professional Standings, and the category determines what creatures you will have to hunt.
This year's Merry Mayhem will differ from last year on two important points: Kill points are awarded for inflicting the most damage on a killed creature. You don't have to shoot the killing shot, but you have to inflict more damage than anyone else shooting (or maiming or slicing) the creature. We will use the mission system to track Merry Mayhem. The Mayhem Mission is available from the contact Carl Tucker in Port Atlantis. This mission will track your kill points and category. You can get the mission from Dec 21st, but kills will not register before Dec 26th.
So gear up and prepare to share with the mobs of Planet Calypso!
- Dec 21st: Skill chipping is no longer allowed for Mayhem participants. You may get the Mayhem mission from Carl Tucker in Port Atlantis. Kills are not registered yet.
- Dec 26th: Competition opens 00:00 UTC. After that, kills are registered. Final category qualification happens on first kill.
- Dec 30th: Competition ends 23:59 UTC. After that, kills are no longer registered, and you may no longer get the Mayhem mission.
- Jan 1st: Skill chipping is allowed again.
- Jan 8th: You can hand in the Merry Mayhem Mission to Carl Tucker; when you do, you get a Mayhem Participation Diploma. Winners and prize announcement, including the top 200 list for all categories with points and time.
More articles about Planet Calypso