LEGO Universe brings the LEGO play experience online in the first MMOG – massively-multiplayer online game – created for LEGO fans of all ages. In LEGO Universe you will discover a world that sparks the imagination, full of opportunities to build, play and interact with LEGO fans from all over the globe. Build anything you can dream up, and help shape the constantly evolving LEGO Universe through adventure, exploration and battle in an original storyline.
As always, safety for children is the LEGO Group’s top priority. LEGO Universe is a great way for families to play together in a safe online environment, and is designed to foster creativity and social interaction in young children and veteran gamers alike.
LEGO Universe represents a collaboration between the LEGO Group and fans, who have been called upon to help shape the game world - from testing and contributing ideas, to building actual game content alongside professional developers.
With creative innovation at heart, players rushed to claim over 12,000 personal property areas in the first week post-launch, for building original LEGO creations. Two months later, the pioneering spirit is alive and well in LEGO Universe. More than 86,000 player properties have gone through the game’s moderation team in the past month alone. Players are building and programming just about everything they can dream up – forts, castles, baseball parks, space stations and much more. So LEGO Universe moderators are at it 24/7 to prescreen all player-created LEGO models and properties in-game. With virtually unlimited capabilities for expression, moderation is crucial to providing the safest possible environment possible, without snuffing player freedom to create and share.
“Since LEGO Universe is a massively-multiplayer online game, players are encouraged to build, battle and explore together with friends and family,” said Mark William Hansen, LEGO Universe Senior Director, the LEGO Group. “Only a few weeks after launch, LEGO Universe, boasts an impressively high NPS score - the rating that measures how likely users are to recommend the game to someone else - above 70% among the core 8-12-year-old audience, which is world class!”
2011 is set to amaze and inspire players with incredible new content, building upon current game worlds and introducing numerous new ones. There will be new opportunities for multiplayer interaction, putting collaboration and competition to work in community-based missions, and giving players new capabilities to share gameplay experiences with friends. Players will find new ways to express their personality and creativity, with new pet features, faction kits, skills, weapons, achievements and beyond.
Significant content updates will push the LEGO Universe storyline forward in 2011, unlocking new worlds and storyline details. The community must come together, building new game elements together, brick by brick. Nexus Force leaders will take players into the most important battles to-date, in an ultimate struggle to push back the Maelstrom for good. New, original LEGO IP will also collide with the LEGO Universe storyline in 2011, offering never-before-seen LEGO models within vivid new game environments in-game.
- In LEGO Universe, players can build, explore, battle, make friends and express their creativity – all in an exciting online world of LEGO past, present and future. The game features several ways to utilize the iconic brick, from simple, gameplay-oriented building challenges to complex creative designs.
- Customize – Players customize their own Minifigure avatar to explore the LEGO Universe, expressing their personality or becoming someone entirely new. Numerous customization options allow for creativity and individuality.
- Socialize – Interact with LEGO fans from all over the world through in-depth community and social features, designed with children’s safety in mind.
- Play – LEGO Universe features a deep original storyline for players to explore, encountering new worlds and collaborating with other players to complete quests and achieve common goals.
- Build – The physical brick-building experience moves online with LEGO Universe. Exercising their creativity with LEGO bricks, players can bring their wildest creations to life with a user-friendly programming language
More articles about LEGO Universe