Call of Duty: Black Ops will take you behind enemy lines as a member of an elite special forces unit engaging in covert warfare, classified operations, and explosive conflicts across the globe. With access to exclusive weaponry and equipment, your actions will tip the balance during the most dangerous time period mankind has ever known.
Revealed on Major Nelson's podcast, Activision and Treyarch are prepping the first DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops, expected to hit XBL on February 1, 2011 ( 1,200 Microsoft Points) and shortly thereafter on PC and PS3. While details are still slim, the First Strike DLC will include five maps, with a variety of weaponry, variety of engagement types, variety of verticality, bringing some sniper opportunities into it.
First Strike Maps:
- Berlin Wall: situated around Checkpoint Charlie, the famous crossing between West/East Berlin.
- Discovery: Antarctica based German research facility, left behind since WW2.
- Kowloon: inspired by the singleplayer level, set on the rainy rooftops of Kowloon City in China.
- Stadium: set in hockey rink stadium in the North-Eastern USA.
- Ascension, no further details revealed.
- Wide array of play modes including single player, local multiplayer versus and online co-op and multiplayer
- Call of Duty’s signature multiplayer gameplay returns with new perks and killstreaks, deeper levels of character and weapon customization, and all new modes including:
- Wager Matches: One in the Chamber, Gun Game, Stick and Stones, Sharpshooter
- Theater Mode: View, record, and edit your favorite moments form multiplayer, and share with your friends
- Combat Training: Test your skills solo or Co-Op with friends against AI enemy players
- Seventh installment of the Call of Duty series, based on the live fire conflicts of the Cold War era
- Diverse variety of play setting ranging from urban air and ground combat in SE Asia, to snow combat in Soviet region and jungle combat
- Blending of traditional COD, and new first-person character scenarios designed to both retain the essence of the COD gaming experience and ensure constantly flowing and varied action
- New arsenal of weapons and vehicles tied to the Cold War era, including the SR-71 Blackbird and sited explosive-tipped crossbows
- Fan favorite Zombie mode is back providing endless hours of Zombie-slaying entertainment, solo or Co-Op
Call of Duty: Black Ops will be compatible with 3D-ready HDTVs and 3D PCs utilizing state-of-the-art active shutter 3D glasses, delivering true depth of field and an unprecedented level of immersion that is perfectly suited for the Call of Duty action experience. Call of Duty: Black Ops will be playable in both 3D and non-3D on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Call of Duty: Black Ops for PC is NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready and supports stereoscopic 3D gaming using 3D Vision active-shutter glasses and NVIDIA GeForce GPUs, while on Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles, 3D features require a compatible 3D-ready HD TV.
Call of Duty: Black Ops is rated "M" (Mature - Blood, Drug, Reference, Intense Violence and Language) by the ESRB.
More articles about Call of Duty: Black Ops