TRON: Evolution is an immersive 3rd person action-adventure game that pulls the player into the unique digital world of TRON. Gamers explore TRON’s cities using the free running phenomenon Parkour, navigate among unique rebel factions, and fight an epic battle against a dictator’s seemingly unstoppable army.
TRON: Evolution is one of the keys to unlocking the TRON mythology. The game’s story takes place before the “TRON: Legacy” events and provides insight into the film’s past. As an integrated entertainment experience, the film will reference elements of the game’s story. Fans will want to play the game to learn more about the TRON mythology seen in the film, but each entertainment experience will stand on its own.
The TRON: Evolution downloadable multiplayer map pack is scheduled to be available in the coming weeks for download on theXbox 360, Games For Windows Live and PS3.
The pack includes the following five maps:
- Skyline: On the upper echelons of TRON City, combatants deftly navigate massive gaps among rooftops while battling.
- Spires: A Nexus Stream maintenance spire hangs precariously under the expanse of Arjia City. Vertical mobility is the key to survive.
- Classic: The first-generation game grid meets the next generation of grid combatants.
- Relic: A legacy of the past, the original game grid is slowly being eaten away by the Outlands.
- Drydock: In a highly secure part of the Grid, Clu’s Regulator is nearing the final phases of its construction.
Details of the price and release date will be disclosed at another time.
The game includes four multiplayer maps and two more are available as free downloadable content via a one-time-use code found in every retail case. The currently available free downloadable content also includes a Sam Flynn multiplayer skin.
“TRON: Legacy” film director Joseph Kosinski consulted on the vision for the debut video game trailer, which includes computer graphics that were created by the same company that will provide the film’s CG animations. Kosinski will advise on the game’s vision during 2010 to ensure accuracy with the film. In addition to directing “TRON: Legacy,” Kosinski is renowned in the video games industry as having directed prolific feature film-quality game trailers for major product releases.
As part of the connection between the game and film, actress Olivia Wilde stars as Quorra in TRON: Evolution. Wilde’s voice and likeness as Quorra will provide players with another direct link to the film as they discover how earlier events within the world of TRON shape her character’s future.
More articles about Tron: Evolution