Version 1.56-1.57 Changelog
- Fixed: Cursor on the windows borders no longer flashing when attempting to drag/resize the window.
- Fixed: Win7/Vista Aero preview should no longer be activated by mouse movement while playing.
- Fixed: Helicopters no longer lifting off when aircraft passed over them
- Fixed: AI Helicopters wobbling up and down.
- Improved: Enemy targets are now unassigned once their crew is killed.
- Fixed: doFire did not work on most targets.
- New: Multihome servers support. Commandline parameter -ip=my.ip.add.res available.
- Fixed: SetCaptive doesn't stop AI shooting at a unit/player.
- New: allMissionObjects script command.
- New: Script command setPlayerRespawnTime.
- New: new AllDead command.
- Fixed: Video playback stuttering.
- Fixed: Locality issues of objects in MP (mainly updates from nonownererrors). Version raised to 1.57 due to MP incompatibility.
- Add: camo (replaceable textures) selections for M2A2/3.
- Changed: GPS added for all SUVs.
- Fixed: A/MH6 main rotor artifact.
- Fixed: Missions: 06 From Hell, task "Locate the pilot" always failed.
Version 1.55-1.56 Changelog
* Add: more camo (replaceable textures) selection for OA vehicles.
* Fixed: missing shadows and heads in distance LODs for some OA characters.
* Added: MP Armory.
* Improved: -exThreads=3 now default for dual cores.
* Improved: -cpuCount defaults improved for 6 or more than 8 CPUs.
* Fixed: No more LOD blending issues (esp. with vegetation).
* Fixed: Ignored collision with some vehicles.
* Improved: AI cover selection improved a bit.
* New: Video options VSync selection.
* Fixed: Character collisions with stones often resulted in flying or being stuck. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12043)
BAF changelog 1.01-1.02
* Added portrait and wounds of PMC operatives
* Fixed CM immunity of missiles
* Missions have new headers
* Adjusted sensitivity of Her Majesty's soldiers
* Music tracks have their respective names displayed
* Adjusted values of many items in armoury
* L111A1 sounds better on Jackals
* Backpacks are now useable in editor
* Fixed names of IEDs
* Many weapons are now able to hold compatible magazines designed for other weapons
* Snipers have learned how to handle AS50 correctly
* US flyboys adjusted HMD for Apache and BAF pilots are now able to aim unguided missiles better
* New: GameSpy modhash key contains list of mods hashes and is used to check there are additional mods on server missing on client (yellow icon in UI).
* New: Mods contents hashes are compared instead of mods lists when equal mo ds are required on server.
* Fixed: Commandline -mod behavior, active Mods list in UI, ModLauncher UI d ialog with better mods detection and handling.
* Fixed: Terrain shadows were too short (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12328)
* New: getWeaponCargo, getMagazineCargo, getBackpackCargo script commands
* Experimental: TCMalloc used as a memory allocator.
* New: Aircraft now auto-trims at high speed to prevent climbing.
* Improved: More 3D/2D resolution ratios (8:7 and 6:5) added.
* Fixed: Transport waited for dead unit to get out.
* Fixed: NV tracers visible in TI (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11608)
* Fixed: Decreased tank sliding.
* Fixed: Sonic Cracks and Tracers not working in multiplayer
* Optimized: Frame rate stutter near complex walkable objects (like low rock walls) caused by grass computations.
* Fixed: crew getting killed in vehicles driving from hill/slope
* Fixed: Audio unsupported sample frequency error
* Fixed: IRStrobe (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11852)
* Fixed: 3D editor - creating of logic center failed (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11876)
* Fixed: Unit in vehicle could not open gear in map.
* Fixed: client freezes when accessing ammobox (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11577)
* Fixed: No volume drop on distance with weapon click, car horn and etc. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11689)
* Fixed: Dead player bodies disappeared after respawn.
* New: Repair vehicle and deactivate satchel charge action for engineer.
* Fixed: EEIncomingMissile event parameter
* New: Added scripting function disableTIEquipment.
* New: Artillery computer; Fire at position AI command; enableEngineArtillery script command
* Fixed: Surface sound in infinite terrain (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11430)
* Fixed: AI vision was not affected by light sources.
* Fixed: Birds were heard inside of a closed vehicle.
* Fixed: Scripting command isFlatEmpty did not work with non-zero third coordinate. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11704)
* Fixed: TI was red instead of B/W with some settings and graphics cards.
* Fixed: Night vision simulation was not simulating color sensitivity and blue shift in dark scenes.
* Fixed: Disabled debugging message "Added texture headers from file"
* Fixed: Av8 unable to takeoff from Chernarus NE airstrip (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3240)
* Fixed: Fog and sky colors did not match when dark.
* Fixed: Moon rotates when moving camera (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8051)
* Fixed: Stars no longer visible through terrain with low view distance (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8374)
* Fixed: Improved game stability with a small page file.
* Fixed: Gun recoil in ironsights view was missing kick-back (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4401)
* Fixed: possible crash after mouse click to Prev/Next button in DisplayConfigureAction
* Fixed: In E06 player should survive fall on ground without opening parachute.
* Fixed: Module Alice2 MP issues.
* Fixed: Improved AI path planning and path tracking with tanks.
* Fixed: Assembling/disassembling issue with M2 minitripod and M2 machinegun.
* Fixed: Sound of silenced Mk17 CCO.
* Fixed: Mi8 and Mi17 model animations bug in ARMA2:Combined operations only.
* Fixed: Fire-geometry in all Mi8 and Mi17, crew wasn't vulnerable in some cases.
* Fixed: Get-in points for MH-6J.
* Improved: Special units in US, CZ and Germany factions can hide bodies.
* Changed: Slot size of MAAWS magazines.
* Improved: AI wasn't able to destroy static weapons in some cases.
* Fixed: Animations of US Static TOW launcher.
* Fixed: Words Sabot and M-gun in radio protocols.
* Fixed: Damage zone indicator ATRQ and MROT were exchanged in helicopter.
* Fixed: Rockets count in Mi-171Sh.
* Changed: Destruct type for market tents.
* Fixed: HEAT ammunition for T-55 and Stryker MGS.
* Fixed: Glass penetrability of Mi-171Sh.
Developed as a massive standalone expansion pack enlarging Arma 2 to a completely new level, Operation Arrowhead promises to deliver yet more of the highly authentic military simulation gameplay the series is famed for, while shifting the action to an all-new environment and adding key new features to Arma 2’s already vast palette.
Set in the fictional region of Takistan and taking place three years after the Arma 2’s campaign, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead features three new world maps with radical new terrain; sandy deserts, a dense city with surrounding countryside and a rocky mountainous region. Also included in the standalone expansion pack is support for controlling unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) to observe, strike and rescue from afar, along with a fully-modelled FLIR thermal imaging simulation with unprecedented realism to give the player advantages while working at night, going as far as to model vehicle engine heat, tyre friction and even glowing weapon barrels after being fired. A new campaign is included, with Bohemia Interactive taking the experience gained from its previous games, combined with real world events and political intrigue, to create a storyline that serves as a chilling reminder to the geo-political situation the world finds itself in on a constant basis. Other new features include a detachable backpack system for carrying more weapons and ammunition, and an overhauled optics system allowing keen marksmen to ‘zero in’ their scopes to account for ballistic fall-off.
Less than two months after Operation Arrowhead successfully routed the Takistani military regime, NATO coalition forces face a large-scale outbreak of guerilla insurgency. A mechanized force of British troops are about to deploy and embark upon a large-scale counter-insurgency campaign, which will define the future of the coalition presence in Takistan: Operation "Crimson Lance".
The development of the brand new content has demanded engine updates, resulting in unique features and new gameplay options. The fully modelled artillery and mortar strikes and the extension of the engineer class to include new duties - such as vehicle repair and bomb disposal - add a new depth of realism to the most authentic mil-sim available."
Arma 2: British Armed Forces will be deployed exclusively for PC on 26th August 2010. It will be available for GBP 7.99/EUR 8.99/USD 9.99.
A key features list follows.
- New vehicles and weapons
- Modern British troops in multi-terrain, desert and woodland camouflage
- Personal weapons: L85A2 and L86A2 rifles, L110A1 machine gun, LRR and AW50 sniper rifles, N-LAW AT launcher
- New vehicles: Jackal 2 MWMIK all-terrain vehicle, modernized FV510 Warrior
- New helicopters: AH11 Wildcat (multi-role), HC3 Merlin (transport)
- British versions: off-road car, Chinook HC2 transport helicopter, Apache AH1 gunship
- Desert and woodland paint schemes of the ground vehicles
- New single player campaign
- Player will command a mobile observation team of British troops into battle with Takistani insurgents. Short campaign will focus on depicting asymmetrical warfare with a guerilla force and counterinsurgency operations.
- Multiplayer modes
- Cooperative scenarios featuring the British units, vehicles and equipment.
- Engine Improvements
- Extension of the Engineer's role
- Ability for players to effectively operate and command artillery and mortar units
- New Playable Content: New story campaign for both single and multi-player gameplay. Wide range of new tutorials, single scenarios and multiplayer modes.
- Massive Game World: Three brand new Central Asia-style large maps including expansive urban, desert and mountainous terrain, featuring a fully destructible and interactive environment.
- Extra Units and Vehicles: Multiple factions for all sides including US Army, United Nations, Takistani Army and Guerrillas making a collection of 300+ new units, weapons and vehicles.
- ltimate War Simulation Experience: Fully integrates with the original ARMA 2 for unmatched warfare simulation.
- Unique Gameplay Elements: Detachable backpacks with equipment, advanced weapon optics, material penetration modeling, remote real-time simulation of Unmanned Arial Vehicles (UAV), freedom of decision and repercussive actions.
More articles about ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead