PMC changelog 1.00-1.01
- Fixed: Shadow artifact on bridge on Proving Grounds map.
- Changed: XM8 optics reworked.
- Fixed: XM8 Front grip
- New: Ammo create with PMC weapons.
- Added: Campaign teaser including CP00 and trailer.
- Fixed: CP10A - The Boss was not leaving the villa when in danger.
- Fixed: CP10A - Player was not able to finish the Boss from distance.
- Fixed: CP08B - Group callsign was "Sword", not "Spear".
- Fixed: CP08A - Player was not able to access helicopter gear menu.
- Fixed: CP07 - Client UAV re-enabled again.
- Fixed: CP05 - Mission did end before conversation was finished.
- Fixed: CP02 - Dixon fired only once, causing mission not to continue.
- Fixed: CP00 - Mortar explosions now occur further away from player.
- Fixed: Backpack content is now saved between CP05 and CP06.
Operation Arrowhead promises to deliver yet more of the highly authentic military simulation gameplay the series is famed for, while shifting the action to an all-new environment and adding key new features to Arma 2’s already vast palette.
Set in the fictional region of Takistan and taking place three years after the Arma 2’s campaign, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead features three new world maps with radical new terrain; sandy deserts, a dense city with surrounding countryside and a rocky mountainous region. Also included in the standalone expansion pack is support for controlling unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) to observe, strike and rescue from afar, along with a fully-modelled FLIR thermal imaging simulation with unprecedented realism to give the player advantages while working at night, going as far as to model vehicle engine heat, tyre friction and even glowing weapon barrels after being fired. A new campaign is included, with Bohemia Interactive taking the experience gained from its previous games, combined with real world events and political intrigue, to create a storyline that serves as a chilling reminder to the geo-political situation the world finds itself in on a constant basis. Other new features include a detachable backpack system for carrying more weapons and ammunition, and an overhauled optics system allowing keen marksmen to ‘zero in’ their scopes to account for ballistic fall-off.
- New story campaign for both single and multi-player gameplay. Wide range of new tutorials, single scenarios and multiplayer modes.
- Three brand new Central Asia-style large maps including expansive urban, desert and mountainous terrain, featuring a fully destructible and interactive environment.
- Multiple factions for all sides including US Army, United Nations, Takistani Army and Guerrillas making a collection of 300+ new units, weapons and vehicles.
- Fully integrates with the original ARMA 2 for unmatched warfare simulation.
- Detachable backpacks with equipment, advanced weapon optics, material penetration modeling, remote real-time simulation of Unmanned Arial Vehicles (UAV), freedom of decision and repercussive actions.
One year after British and coalition armed forces successfully quelled the insurgent uprising in Takistan, the NATO Green Sea deployment is in the process of a strategic drawdown of its combat troops in the region. Private military contractors shoulder the burden of the increased workload, with competition rising between the multinational organisations for lucrative security contracts. Private Military Company, ION, Inc. (formerly Black Element), successfully bid for a contract - codenamed Black Gauntlet - to provide security for a UN investigation team as they seek to piece together information regarding Takistan's abandoned nuclear weapons program…
Arma 2: PMC, a new addon for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, features:
- New playable faction - Private Military Company
- Original singleplayer campaign with strong storyline unfolding across more than ten missions
- Fully implemented 2 player co-op mode
- New map featuring abandoned wasteland style military weapons test range environment, built upon brand new models and textures
- Unique new character models
- Exotic new weapons (AA-12, fully modelled XM8 variants)
- Detailed new vehicles (Ka-60 'Kasatka', Armed Helicopter UAV, Armoured SUV)
- Numerous new engine updgrades, including full Shotgun Ballistics Modelling and in-game Video Playback
Facility OKB-754 was the central hub of Takistan's nuclear weapons programme, which reached it's zennith in late 1999 with the detonation of a 5-10 kton device, before being forcibly abandoned due to sanctions from the international community. The test site was devastated by an underground detonation, which exceeded the expected yield and breached the surface of the ground, distributing a small quantity of radiation around the immediate area; forcing any local activity out of the region.
Operation Black Gauntlet follows a new recruit hired by ION, Inc., the PMC group tasked with providing security for a UN investigation team persuing information pertaining to Takistan's abandoned nuclear weapons programme, as he executes a conflicted contract - spanning the breadth of the volatile nation - from inception to termination.
Set in the visually attractive environment of rugged Central Asia, Arma 2: Private Military Company will add even more depth to the already extensive size of the most realistic combat simulation experience available. Unprecedented freedom of movement, action and tactics - together with hundreds of models and epic sandbox-style maps - creates the most authentic military simulation game: war without the training wheels.
Arma 2: Private Military Company is currently available for GBP 7.99/EUR 8.99/USD 9.99.
More articles about ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead