Presenting a brand-new take on the puzzle genre, echochrome ii introduces a unique twist on gameplay that lets players use pure imagination to solve puzzles by controlling light and shadows. A follow-up to the original PlayStation Network hit, echochrome, echochrome ii introduces the PlayStation Eye camera and PlayStation Move motion controller to the series, offering a brand new experience to fans of the action/puzzle genre.
Utilizing the PlayStation Move motion controller and the PlayStation Eye camera, players can rotate levels and control light and shadows to change the way objects are viewed and the shadows they cast. The ultimate goal is to lead your character through the path from beginning to end, while learning how a variety of different objects can be combined with perspectives, angles and the use of light can be used to help solve the puzzle. Beware ... much like echochrome, the possibilities are infinite and there is always more than meets the eye as every person can view each puzzle differently!
echochrome ii features an artistic presentation style that fans of the franchise will recognize, however, this time with bold colors and lively music to put any player in the gaming mood. Players can also look forward to the new use of color, which gives hints to help players through the puzzles.
echochrome ii has 100 built in levels and there are three different ways to enjoy each one. Navigating the character to the goal by creating a shadow path is called “escort” mode. Additionally, there is “echo” mode and “paint” mode. In “echo” mode, the objective is to collect the ghost-looking characters called “echo.” You will see a few of them in each level, so collect them all to clear the stage.
In “paint” mode, the characters are colored in red, green, or blue. When the characters walk, they will color any blocks that are creating the shadows they’re walking on. A red character makes a red block and a blue character makes a blue one. Each time you color a block, your clear percentage will increase. Your goal is to reach the target percentage to clear the level.
- "Flashlight" Feature – Using the PlayStation Move motion controller as a flashlight, players can create shadows to make a path and navigate the character to a goal.
- New Puzzle Times – Hidden goals, jumping pads, holes, transporting gates, and so on. Rotate the level itself to create a specific shadow!
- User-Generated Content – Create your own level using the PlayStation Move motion controller and your imagination, and share with the world! Players from around the world will not only be able to play your level, but rate it as well!
- YouTube Uploader – Capture yourself playing a level and upload the replay data directly on YouTube.com.
- New Look and Feel – echochrome ii brings a brand new look to the franchise with bold new colors and upbeat music, expanding on the unique artistic presentation style that echochrome established.
More articles about echochrome ii