There has not been any news on Netdevil's MMO for almost a year, and apparently publisher Codemasters is getting antsy and tired of waiting for a game that was supposed to have been delivered many months ago. The UK based publisher/developer has filed a lawsuit against NetDevil and its parent company Gazillion for breach of contract, and is asking for its $1.1 million in advance payments back, an additional $300K for art assets, as well as a refund of its legal costs. The agreement between the parties was that the game would be delivered prior to February 24, 2009, but a delay in May 2009, for unspecified reasons, has put the game out of the limelight since, and a new date or even a timeframe was never set. At a press event in 2009 we were given press access passes, with a serial code and everything, but said beta never opened up, and multiple inquiries on the status of the project were shrugged off.
The concept behind Evolution is to give MMO fans the experience of being a space pilot in a visually stunning Sci-fi environment with newly enhanced gameplay and advanced AI. In Evolution, players carve their own space hero experience representing one of three nations: Solrain, Quantar or Octavius. Players advance by engaging in combat, mining, missions, exploration and trade.
Evolution’s universe is large and versatile; allowing for both comprehensive PvE and PvP experiences. As player actions impact the economy and faction relationships, fresh and unexpected challenges are generated from the dynamically changing universe. Evolution provides players with a variety of experiences to fulfill all their space fantasies.
Jumpgate Evolution lets you jump into the cockpit and fly your ship just by moving your mouse, giving sci-fi fans a unique opportunity to experience a large and versatile universe. As a space hero from one of the three different nations: Solrain, Quantar, or Octavius, players can interact with both PvP and PvE content earning advancement through combat, mining, missions, exploration, and trade.
From a variety of small fighter ships and capital ships to giant battle stations, players get to engage in galactic space combat for an MMO experience unlike any other. Visually stunning graphics at minimum PC specs, accessible yet rich gameplay, and advanced AI are just some of the prominent features of this new epic and dynamic online universe.
A wide variety of single-pilot combat and utility ships ply the spacelanes of the Skein. Though all ships can be categorized as light combat, heavy combat, or commercial vessels, there is still considerable variance within each functional role. For example, a patrol fighter produced and operated by a division of the Zelcane Trust may have different characteristics from other patrol fighters operated by the Octavian Imperial Navy. Individual ships within any class can be customized by their pilots, to emphasize a strength of the class, or to mitigate a perceived weakness.
Jumpgate Evolution features:
- New rendering engine scaling from fixed function to pixel shaders for maximum market reach.
- Explore multiple sectors in different cosmic environments where no man has travelled. From fields of asteroids to gigantic space stations and structures, space is alive, full, and interesting.
- Engaging and responsive AI, creating the feeling of a living, changing universe.
- Tons of missions are generated from the changing conditions of faction conflicts and economic demands. Multiple missions types available include: combat, patrols, escort, mining and delivery.
- A real supply and demand economy - responsive to player trading activity.
- Enter the massive online universe of space combat where players can engage in PvP and PvE content. Player can also take part in epic battles from a large number of space fighter ships to capital ships and giant battle stations.
- New user interface to make the game more engaging and accessible. No tutorial needed! In a very short period of time, players can begin their space hero adventure in Evolution.
- Hundreds of medals and titles can be earned and players will be featured on Evolution website’s Leader Boards. Players can purchase and manage their own space stations, while controlling the price and availability of goods and materials. Players can also form powerful squads to engage in activities with their friends and allies or battle against enemies. The possibilities are limitless.
More articles about Jumpgate Evolution