MAG may be massive but it is an action shooter at its core. You can run around and shoot enemies, throw grenades, and drive vehicles just like any other shooter except with MAG you’ll do it with up to 256 players. The team at Zipper was one of the pioneers of online gaming on consoles with the SOCOM franchise and they’ve used this knowledge to create a brand new server architecture to make an original game like MAG possible.
In addition to fixing a number of existing issues and bugs, Zipper Interactive has added a number of cool new features.
The most exciting addition, of course, is our new “Multiqueue” feature. A replacement for our “Directives” deploy option, Multiqueue gives players the opportunity to queue up for any or all game modes simultaneously. This allows users to jump into the action quickly without forcing them into gametypes they don’t want to play. All you have to do is uncheck the modes you’re not interested in playing and the Multiqueue will take care of the rest. As an added bonus, the Multiqueue is equipped with a stackable XP reward that grows in its payout depending on how many modes you’re willing to play!
Another feature is the ability to take your own 720p in-game screenshots! To do it, simply bring up the PlayStation 3 XMB, move to the “Photo” section, and find the command to capture screenshots within. Once a screenshot has been taken, you can then find them just as easily in the same photo section.
- Implemented “Multiqueue” functionality to allow users to queue up for multiple game modes simultaneously
- Added “Multiqueue” XP bonus modifier that increases as more modes are selected
- Increased XP to CP-earned ratio to 1.5 CP for every 1 XP
- Reduced price of Medical Kits to 500 CP from 800 CP
- Teammates can no longer prevent you from repairing vehicles and objectives when in your line of sight
- Shortened cooldown times between leadership FRAGOs to 2 seconds from 10 seconds
- Added “friendly fire” modifier so that allies never receive more than 50% damage when hit by a friendly vehicle
- Improved item-swap speed
- Decreased effectiveness of “Marksman Recoil Stability” and “Marksman Steady Aim” skills
- Improved effectiveness of First Aid Kit and Medical Kit skills, “Self Heal Speed” and “Heal Recharge Rate”
- Increased effectiveness of “Improved Smoke Screen Rate” skill
- Slightly widened knife-swing arc
- Enemy vehicles now show damage bar when “attacking” them with a repair kit
- Slight presentational modifications to the “Character B” and “Character C slots”
- Correct text now displays in the Armory when viewing the SVER Hazard helmet
- Acquisition Escort vehicles now have unique models for each faction
- Improved mine-laying animation
- Removed “Directives” button from the “Deploy” menu
- Added “Multiqueue” button to the “Deploy” menu and sidebar areas
- Added feature that allows users to take in-game screenshots via XMB Photo menu (1280×720)
- Reduced chances of being randomly dropped from a “Clan Deploy” game
- Fixed an assortment of menu-related lock-ups
- “Clan Deploy” performance updates
- Minor server performance enhancements
- Fixed typo in “Chest Candy” trophy
- Various localization updates
The year is 2025. The optimism and harmony of the 2010s were completely eradicated by 2020. A global crisis loomed. Food shortages sparked riots, currencies plummeted, fuel reserves dwindled, and oil-producing nations began to ration what remained. It is a dark future. Governments earmarked money for humanitarian efforts, overseas security, and intelligence services which, over time, found its way the coffers of a small group of Private Military Corporations (PMCs). These three private armies (Valor, Raven, and S.V.E.R.) then began to recruit aggressively. Soldiers without a country, the contractors fight wars that never happened. This is the nature of the Shadow War.
A first-person, online-only shooter, MAG lets you experience battles with up to 256 real people across a global battlefield. Players join one of three PMCs fighting each other in a shadow war and can either become skilled operatives or rank up to eventually command their private army to victory. Featuring unprecedented online action of a scale never before devised with player controlled strategic assets such as calling in air strikes, mortar barrages and parachute insertions; the persistent Shadow War in MAG keeps players coming back for more.
Utilizing a sophisticated ranking system and chain of command model, MAG manages the large number of players by breaking them down into squads of eight players. Players climb their way up the chain of command to take control of their 8-person squad, then 32-person platoon, and ultimately a 128-person army.
- Unprecedented Action – For the first time ever, fight 256 real player battles in hi-def online combat for contracts around the world.
- Command Structure – Rise through the chain of command, earning the right to lead an eight-man squad, 32-man platoon, and even command a full 128-man army.
- Persistent Shadow War – Each battle victory or loss contributes to your PMCs world standing, moving them on the offensive or pulling them back to the defensive.
- Choose an army – Three distinct PMCs from which to choose from, each with their own history, personality, and style.
- Customization – Customize your character and begin to pursue a wide variety of combat specialties.
More articles about MAG PS3