A glow too dim to be anything but emergency lighting illuminates the room. Computer screens and electronic equipment here remain dark, unpowered and unresponsive. A gurney, some sort of sophisticated surgical device, an overturned medicine cart, a bioscanner...nothing looks familiar. Or does it?
What is this place? How did you get here? What has happened?
With a highly immersive setting and first person viewpoint, Prominence will offer players a chance to explore and interact with a unique and realistic future world as the hero in an unfolding story. What begins as simple exploration soon twists and turns its way into an evolving mystery that is revealed by physical clues, audio recordings, data archives, and a damaged central computer system in need of repairs.
- Pre-rendered 3D environments with animated effects: All of the environments in Prominence are built in 3D and pre-rendered for maximum visual impact and quality. Many of the in-game environments feature animated effects that enhance the realism and immersion.
- Story-based inventory, environmental and graphical puzzles: The puzzles and challenges in Prominence are story-based. Just as in real life, some of them may have more than one solution. None of the puzzles require lightning-fast reflexes or platform-gaming skills.
- Branching story with multiple endings: At a particular point, you'll be given an opportunity to choose between two different paths. Each path will lead not only to a different ending, but will have different obstacles to overcome and unique environments to explore.
- Original soundtrack: Digital Media Workshop, Inc. has been producing music for over ten years, and we plan to capitalize on that experience to bring the world of Prominence to life through powerful environmental soundscapes and a cinematic score.
- Professional voice-acting: Prominence will feature an ensemble of character voices supplied by professional actors.
- First person viewpoint: To provide the most immersive experience, Prominence is presented in a first-person panoramic view.
More articles about Prominence