Killing Floor is co-op survival horror game. Up to 6 players in online co-op mode, or just you, on your own, playing the Solo mode. The aim – cleanse each area of zombies, in waves, until you get to the last one. The Big One. The Patriarch. Then exterminate him, too. Actually, they aren’t “zombies”. They are the left-over “specimens” from a cheap and dirty government program to clone soldier-monsters. The basic ones will just munch on your arm and try to disembowel you. The bigger ones were the first ones they tried arming. Nothing much. Just a chainsaw or a blade for starters. They had just got on to the chain gun and rockets when the government tried to secretly shut down their secret program.
But, in the typical way these things go, the program didn’t want to be shut down. The specimens got loose. No-one was left alive to turn off the specimen-cloning equipment. And now they are running amok. Well, some of them are running amok. Others are shambling amok or even jumping amok, but you get the idea.
The police were sent in, but that wasn’t even a challenge for the specimens. The first army units hadn’t been warned what to expect. The screams of “its got a bloody chainsaw!” over the radios probably didn’t do much for morale, as whole units were chewed up. Quite literally, in some cases, of course.
Christmas is coming early for Killing Floor fans, as Tripwire Interactive is happy to announce the massive Twisted Christmas event starting next week, just in time for the holidays. Featuring Christmas themed specimens replacing all of the regular baddies, a brand new level – Santa’s Evil Lair, Christmas themed achievements with a special unlockable character, an all new difficultly level and loads of new achievements this is THE gaming event of the holiday season. And if a pile of free content wasn’t enough for you, the Killing Floor crew have enlisted the help of a special guest to battle these Yule-tide baddies - Team Fortress 2’s Pyro. And the sharing doesn’t end there as the Pyro will be bringing back a special Killing Floor item to TF2 with him – Mr. Foster’s trademark gas mask and business tie! Be sure to check out the new trailer and read on for all of the exciting details:
Twisted Christmas Event Details
- Runs for the holiday season from December 14th to January 4th
- Free for everyone that owns Killing Floor – auto downloaded through Steam
- All new level – Santa’s Evil Lair
- All creatures in game replaced with Christmas themed monsters including the Gingerfast and the Nutpound
- More than double the achievement count with over 130 total achievements
- 13 new Christmas achievements
- Unlockable “Baddest Santa” playable character
- Red or blue Pyro from Team Fortress 2 as a playable character in KF, available to anyone that owns both Team Fortress 2 and Killing Floor
- Mr. Foster’s trademark gas mask and business tie as equipable items for the Pyro in Team Fortress 2 for anyone that owns or purchases Killing Floor before the end of the event
- All new difficulty level beyond suicidal – Hell on Earth
- Balance improvements
Remember, “Twisted Christmas” only runs for the holiday season from December 14th to January 4th. You must play during this time to experience the event, to unlock the Christmas achievements and to unlock the “Baddest Santa”. And if you don’t already own Team Fortress 2 and Killing Floor you must get them before the event ends on January 4th to unlock the special items in Team Fortress 2. To get more information on the fun of the Twisted Christmas event, check out the web page, or take a look at the new trailer rolling out across the web. Killing Floor is available now on Steam, Direct 2 Drive and in stores across the world
Finally, on top of everything else, there will be a new DLC pack for you: “London’s Finest”. This brings you 4 new characters, survivors from London, fighting alongside London’s emergency services and the army, to try and stem the tide of zeds. You might have wondered what happened to the vicar from the Church in West London – well, Reverend Alberts made it out alive and is fighting to save his flock. With him comes the unlikely combination of a soccer hooligan known as “Chopper” Harris, Kevo the Chav and their new best friend, Captain Sir Richard Wiggins, 5th Baronet of Warbury, the only survivor of the guards at the Palace, still in full dress uniform. This motley crew make up a team known as “London’s Finest”, available as DLC to add on to your game, at the same time as the Twisted Christmas event.
- Co-op game mode for up to six players obliterating multiple waves of specimens
- Solo game mode for offline play
- Watch those crucial and violent creature deaths in slomo “ZEDtime”, even in multiplayer
- 9 different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, through to chainsaws, chainguns and rocket-launchers
- 12+ weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes up to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower
- Add in a welder, medical tools and body armor to help the players survive
- Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character’s skills and abilities
- Players choose which Perks to play with, so they can best balance out a co-op team to survive the horrors
- Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight – or run; weld doors closed to try and direct the monster horde
- Full support for Steamworks features, including Steam Achievements and Friends
- Fully-configurable, allowing players to change things as simple as the difficulty level or number of creature waves, or go so far as to set up their own favorite waves of monsters
- Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods
Killing Floor is currently available for digital download through Steam for $19.99.
More articles about Killing Floor