Fallen Earth is a post-apocalyptic massively multiplayer online game that mixes first person shooter and role playing game style mechanics. The game is set in 2156, one hundred years after the world is brought low by a plague known as Shiva that killed 99% of the population. The game takes place in and around the Grand Canyon, one of the few habitable places left on Earth, which makes it a place many are willing to kill to control. Our world is one where mankind teeters on the edge of extinction, clinging to the bones of the old world while trying to recover their lost secrets. It's a world of scavengers and desperation. The players are those who choose to rise above the hardships of this new world and work towards a better world, or decide the old world was corrupt and all signs of it must be erased completely.
The core functionality players expect from an MMO, such as raids, clans, auction house, and a mail system, are now up and running in Fallen Earth. Players can combine their efforts in raids of up to four groups or thirty-two players, allowing them to tackle larger threats and compete more effectively in PvP activities. Clans allow players to form large social groups with a number of different ranks, each with its own configurable name and permission list. The auction house system allows players to sell goods to each other with ease, and to search the auction house for items needed for a specific recipe. The mail system enables players to easily stay in contact and trade goods among themselves through the vigilant efforts the Franklin's Riders, the postal service within Fallen Earth.
Fallen Earth have partnered with leading hardware providers AMD, Patriot Memory, Tt eSPORTS and Thermaltake to host a festive giveaway for new and existing players. With plans to gift a fully loaded, custom Fallen Earth PC and iPhone 4 device, survivors won’t want to miss out!
Celebrating the holiday in style, the full line-up of prizes include one Grand Prize of a fully loaded, custom braded Fallen Earth PC, decal set, BattleMat gaming mouse pad and in-game Interceptor; one Early Bird Prize consisting of a custom branded Fallen Earth iPhone 4, decal set, BattleMat gaming mouse pad and in-game interceptor; and 10 additional prize packs of a Fallen Earth BattleMat gaming mouse pad, decal set and in-game Badland Rider!
To enter, players may visit the official contest website to enter and start playing. One entry can be earned each day a player logs into the Fallen Earth game through January 7, 2011.
The Early Bird Prize winner and five additional prize pack winners will be randomly selected from a list of all players who have entered and logged in between December 9-19. The Grand Prize winner and the remaining five prize pack winners will be randomly selected from a list of all players who have entered and logged in between December 9 and January 7.
New players are invited to participate and the developers have temporarily extended the free trial to 30 days through January 7. Name, email and active Fallen Earth game account are required for entry.
- First Person Shooter/Role Playing Game Hybrid: Engage in intense FPS combat with the depth and customization of RPG character advancement
- Classless Advancement: Utilize the robust skill-based system to build characters with multiple stats, skills, mutation paths, tradeskills and factions
- Massive Real-Time Crafting System: 95 percent of the in-game items—vehicles, consumables, weapons, armor and more—can be made by the players as they scavenge and harvest
- Unique Faction Systems: Ally with or rally against six factions to determine how the post-apocalyptic world is rebuilt
- Multiple Game Play Modes: Experience multiple types of game play including crafting, exploration, vehicle combat and scavenging in both solo and group play
- Tactical Player vs. Player: Battle in one of the open PvP zones or wage war with the factions to claim control of a town
- Vast Explorable World: Put survival instincts to the test while experiencing 70 towns with more than 5,500 missions spread over 1,000 square kilometers of zoneless territory
More articles about Fallen Earth