It is the year 2062 and humanity is at the brink of extinction. Tiberium, the mysterious, alien crystalline structure that has infested Earth for decades and served as the primary reason for years of relentless conflict between the Global Defense Initiative (GDI) and the Brotherhood of Nod, is close to rendering the planet uninhabitable. Mankind is on the verge of extinction when Kane, Nod’s prophetic leader, emerges from seclusion to deliver GDI the message that he has developed a system that could control Tiberium and harness its power. But he cannot build this “Tiberium Control Network” without GDI’s cooperation. Thus, the two opposing factions – GDI and Nod – inevitably find themselves in desperation for the same cause: to stop Tiberium from extinguishing mankind.
After 15 years, the network is nearly complete, Tiberium is under strict control and our revitalized, newly terraformed planet is on the cusp of a new age of prosperity and progress. It is then that the world’s citizens begin to seriously ponder why Kane chose to help, and what will he want in return. These questions and more lead to the dramatic final act of the Tiberium saga.
With a multitude of innovative new features to the fast and fluid C&C gameplay, Command & Conquer 4 offers players an entirely new way to play C&C. An all-in-one mobile base, persistent player progression across all game modes that is constantly updated in a real-time online profile, a 3-class system for each of the two factions, co-operative play, and a 5v5 objective-based multiplayer mode that promotes teamwork and social interaction, make Command & Conquer 4 unlike any other C&C experience.
The multiplayer beta gives players a unique opportunity to experience all-new RTS gameplay in the game’s new, fast-paced, strategic 5v5 multiplayer mode across four different maps. Gamers can get access to the beta by signing up right here.
"We could not be more excited to give fans a taste of what’s in store for Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight with the new multiplayer beta,” said Lead Designer, Samuel Bass. “Players can expect the fast-paced strategic RTS action they’ve come to know and love in the Command & Conquer franchise augmented with new gameplay elements that really ratchet up the intensity, especially in our 5v5 multiplayer modes.”
The Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight openmultiplayer beta features four maps including the new Afflicted Arena. This new map features a once lush, Polynesian landscape transformed into a military dock by the Global Defense Initiative (GDI) and currently besieged by Brotherhood of Nod forces aiming to claim the tactically important location and take control of the Pacific Rim. Players in the roles of the Offense, Defense and Support classes will engage in strategic battles to win key vantage points across the map and secure a majority of the TCN Hubs to take control of this vital location. Experience earned through the new Persistent Player Progression system during the multiplayer beta period will be transitioned to the full game upon its release.
- The Epic Conclusion of the Saga – Command & Conquer 4 brings the 15-year Tiberium saga to a powerful and epic conclusion, told through grittier and darker live action cinematics, the return of Nod’s enigmatic leader Kane (Joe Kucan) and all the answers on the fate of Earth, GDI, Tiberium, Nod and most of all, Kane himself.
- First Class-based C&C – Play as Offense, Defense or Support classes from GDI and Nod. Each class is unique, offering players different play styles, giving you tons of strategic options and coming with its own set of units designed to support your chosen style.
- Mobile bases!– The Crawler is your giant, new, all-in-one mobile base that you control on the battlefield to produce new units, structures, powers and upgrades, each specific to the class and faction you chose to play with. Build units and store them in your hull as you move around the map and surprise your enemy with a sudden fury of units!
- Persistent Player Progression – Every unit you destroy awards you with experience points. Level up and spend your experience points on new units, powers and upgrades that give you more strategic options to choose from. Your progression is stored in your online profile that you can access from any PC with C&C 4 installed.
- 5v5 Multiplayer – With its objective-based 5v5 multiplayer, Command & Conquer 4 brings a new, social, real-time-strategy experience to your PC. Choose your individual classes and play together as a team to conquer your enemy. The all-new party system lets you move with your party of friends from one online battle to the next.
More articles about Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight