Fallen Earth is a post-apocalyptic massively multiplayer online game that mixes first person shooter and role playing game style mechanics. The game is set in 2156, one hundred years after the world is brought low by a plague known as Shiva that killed 99% of the population. The game takes place in and around the Grand Canyon, one of the few habitable places left on Earth, which makes it a place many are willing to kill to control. Our world is one where mankind teeters on the edge of extinction, clinging to the bones of the old world while trying to recover their lost secrets. It's a world of scavengers and desperation. The players are those who choose to rise above the hardships of this new world and work towards a better world, or decide the old world was corrupt and all signs of it must be erased completely.
Fallen Earth v1.3 Content Patch extends the current level cap and expands gameplay with the addition of a new Sector Three base camp and revamp of the Sector One starter town area.
“Our goal for this project was to make gameplay more enticing and challenging for new Sector One players as well as our veterans in Sector Three who have reached level 45,” said Project Manager, Colin Dwan.
The patch adds a new level of content—raising the level cap from 45 to 46—by introducing a new base camp in the higher level area of Sector Three. The new camp, Deadfall Point, will provide over 50 new missions, a dozen new encounter areas, nine new craftable items, including a slew of weapons and consumables, several irradiated creatures and a new storyline. New instances have also been incorporated, making way for new “veteran” creatures, which operate similar to bosses and “hazard” creatures which players will want to avoid.
“The purpose of Deadfall Point is to encourage players to assist in pushing back the radiation boundaries, acquiring access to the Deadfall territory, which mysteries will unravel later this year with patch v.1.4,” said Dwan.
The patch also introduces phase one of a starter town revamp, designed to encourage more player exploration and heighten the elements of fear and challenge. Rather than altering starter towns themselves, which would modify gameplay for new players, developers took a look at the areas between several starter and central towns in a portion of Sector One, specifically the Westreach Overlook area.
“The regions between starter towns are areas where players venture through on a regular basis, so it made sense to incorporate new content in the barren spaces,” said Dev Team Lead, Marie Croall. “The appearance of higher-level creatures, new conflicts and extended storylines enriches the area.”
The revamp includes more than a dozen new encounter areas and several creatures typically found in higher-level territories of Sectors Two and Three.
The content patch is the first of several developments planned for 2010, offering a glimpse at what is in store for the new year.
The core functionality players expect from an MMO, such as raids, clans, auction house, and a mail system, are now up and running in Fallen Earth. Players can combine their efforts in raids of up to four groups or thirty-two players, allowing them to tackle larger threats and compete more effectively in PvP activities. Clans allow players to form large social groups with a number of different ranks, each with its own configurable name and permission list. The auction house system allows players to sell goods to each other with ease, and to search the auction house for items needed for a specific recipe. The mail system enables players to easily stay in contact and trade goods among themselves through the vigilant efforts the Franklin's Riders, the postal service within Fallen Earth.
- First Person Shooter/Role Playing Game Hybrid: Engage in intense FPS combat with the depth and customization of RPG character advancement
- Classless Advancement: Utilize the robust skill-based system to build characters with multiple stats, skills, mutation paths, tradeskills and factions
- Massive Real-Time Crafting System: 95 percent of the in-game items—vehicles, consumables, weapons, armor and more—can be made by the players as they scavenge and harvest
- Unique Faction Systems: Ally with or rally against six factions to determine how the post-apocalyptic world is rebuilt
- Multiple Game Play Modes: Experience multiple types of game play including crafting, exploration, vehicle combat and scavenging in both solo and group play
- Tactical Player vs. Player: Battle in one of the open PvP zones or wage war with the factions to claim control of a town
- Vast Explorable World: Put survival instincts to the test while experiencing 70 towns with more than 5,500 missions spread over 1,000 square kilometers of zoneless territory
More articles about Fallen Earth