From the ashes of old conflicts, a new terror arises. The Umbrella Corporation and its crop of lethal viruses have been destroyed and contained. But a new, more dangerous threat has emerged. Years after surviving the events in Raccoon City, Chris Redfield has been fighting the scourge of bio-organic weapons all over the world. Now a member of the Bio-terrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSSA), Chris is sent to Africa to investigate a biological agent that is transforming the populace into aggressive and disturbing creatures. Joined by another local BSSA agent, Sheva Alomar, the two must work together to solve the truth behind the disturbing turn of events. Featuring a revolutionary new co-op mode of gameplay, Resident Evil 5 will let players experience fear together as terror moves out of the shadows and into the light of day.
Co-producer and series veterans Jun Takeuchi (Lost Planet) and Masachika Kawata (Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles) unleash an unprecedented level of fear for the new generation in Resident Evil 5. Promising to revolutionize the series by delivering an unbelievable level of detail, realism and control, Resident Evil 5 is certain to bring new fans to the series. Incredible changes to both the gameplay and world of Resident Evil make this a must-have game for gamers across the globe.
Not only can you relive the terror of Spencer’s mansion in Lost in Nightmares, but now you take control of iconic characters from Resident Evil past. Making their return from the original Resident Evil, Alpha Team’s weapon specialist Barry Burton and the sole surviving member of Bravo Team, rookie Rebecca Chambers, are back to join the cast of The Mercenaries Reunion. Both of these classic S.T.A.R.S. members come equipped with their own customized weapon load-outs and will be strong allies as you gun down enemies, chain together kill combos, and rack up the points. The Mercenaries Reunion mode provides hours of additional gameplay whether you’re going solo or partnering up with a friend to take on endless waves of enemies.
Desperate Escape, Lost in Nightmares and all new playable characters for The Mercenaries Reunion will be available via a Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition that will include the original game plus all additional content. The ultimate Resident Evil 5 experience, Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition will be available for $49.99 as a single Blu-ray disc for the PS3 or as a DVD with a token for the downloadable content for XBOX 360.
- Chris Redfield, protagonist of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, returns
- Chris is joined by new character Sheva Alomar, an African special agent tasked with investigating the epidemic
- 2 player co-op online gameplay means that players are not alone in their fight against the horror lurking around every corner
- Simultaneous global release date for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on March 13, 2009
- New enemies bring new challenges: speed and intelligence make adversaries as dangerous singly as they are in groups.
- An arsenal of weapons at the player’s command to keep the evil at bay, including knives, pistols, machine guns, sniper rifles and more.
- Lighting effects provide a new level of suspense in both harsh light and deepest shadow
- True high definition gaming on multiple game platforms, using an advanced version of Capcom’s proprietary game engine, MT Framework, which powered the next-gen, million-plus hit titles Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet and Dead Rising.
More articles about Resident Evil 5