Originally announced as multiplatform title, somewhere down the line the PS3 version dropped off the radar, but now it seems it was not canceled after all and will get released, Timegate just doesn't know when.
On the war-torn planets of tomorrow, mankind's greatest battle is about to begin. With its frontier colonies devastated by a growing insurrection, Earth dispatches the elite 8th Armoured Infantry (nicknamed "Section 8") to repel the coming onslaught.
The nickname refers to a discharge from an old United States military regulation for reason of being mentally unfit for service. The near-suicidal missions this division volunteers for brands them as insane by all other military units.
Section 8 deploys directly into battle from their orbital dropships, utilizing the most advanced arsenal of military hardware known to man. Their mission: to scout and secure difficult objectives, and smash the enemy defences in lightning-quick assaults.
Section 8 is an intense first-person shooter that allows players to dynamically alter the flow of combat as they see fit. Employing tactical assets and on-demand vehicle deliveries, players are given unprecedented strategic control over epic sci-fi battlefields.
- Create a Section 8 clan
- In game clan tags can be setup to automatically update from the portal
- Ability to turn on/off recruitment status and review the statistics of your incoming applicants
- Establish hierarchies within your clan (Recruit, Member, Officer, Leader, etc.) and manage rosters directly from the portal
- Toggle viewing clan member’s e-mail address for coordination outside of the game
- Over 50+ unique Leaderboards not available in game, categorized by:
- Career Statistics (XP, Kills, Deaths, Destructions, Combat, Teamwork, etc.)
- “In a Life” Records (XP, Teamwork, Combat, Kills, Damage, Captures, Repairs, Defenses, Destruction)
- Gear “In a Life” Records (Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Knife, etc.)
- Badges (32x badges)
- Feats (16x feats)
- All Leaderboards can be changed to best “overall” or best “within my clan”
- Overall community page that tracks the top players / top clans, as well as tracks continuously updated community wide statistics (ex: most popular map, popular gear, popular loadout, etc.)
- A unique player profile page for each user that tracks over 100 unique in-game statistics to the individual that can be set to rank either best “overall” or best “within my clan”
- Mutually exclusive statistics for each platform (Xbox 360, PC)
- Supports players from all regions (EFIGS)
- Customize your loadouts like no other FPS
- Use Burn-In spawning to drop into the action from 15,000 feet
- Transform the battlefield with tactical assets and vehicle drops
- Battle across epic sci-fi landscapes
- Adapt to ever-evolving team, squad, and player strategies
More articles about Section 8