Penned by legendary comic book artist Joe Madureira (X-Men, Battle Chasers, The Ultimates), Darksiders is set in a Post-Apocalyptic demon-ravaged world where evil forces have prematurely brought about the end of the time.
Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of mankind, War – the first Horseman of the Apocalypse – stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between Heaven and Hell. In the slaughter that ensued, the demonic forces defeated the heavenly hosts and laid claim to the Earth.
Brought before the sacred Charred Council, War is indicted for his crimes and stripped of his powers. Dishonored and facing his own death, War must return to Earth to search for the truth and punish those responsible. Now, hunted by a vengeful group of Angels, War must take on the forces of Hell, forge uneasy alliances with the very demons he hunts, and journey across the ravaged remains of the Earth on his quest for vengeance and vindication.
Players take on the role of War as he embarks on a brutal quest of vengeance and revenge against the forces that betrayed him with the help of his phantom steed Ruin. Darksiders features open-world exploration, a deep combat system and a huge arsenal of modern and mythical weapons.
The demo contains the entire first dungeon encounter from the game, the sprawling Twilight Cathedral. This engaging and challenging level contains dozens of puzzles for players to solve, new pieces of equipment to discover and epic boss battles against the monstrous demon Jailer and the savage bat-winged Tiamat. Representing a cross section of Darksiders’ key features, the demo will take approximately 90 minutes to complete for the average player. The demo will become available to download from Xbox Live and PlayStation Network on February 25.
David Adams, General Manager of Vigil Games commented: “We are really pumped to be bringing a playable demo for Darksiders to Xbox 360 and PlayStation3. We really wanted to give gamers a true idea of the variety of gameplay that the game offers and so rather than just making a standard 20-minute demo version of the first few levels, we decided to give away this massive level and reveal the true essence of the game.”
- Combining brutal attacks, supernatural abilities and seamless traversal, delivering intense action combat and epic adventure, set in an immersive demon ravaged world.
- Each open world hub offers players the freedom to explore and make their own game-experience.
- Unleash WAR’s fury with an expansive arsenal of weapons, from the fantasy oriented to the modern and the ability to use virtually anything within your environment as a weapon.
- Customized to your gameplay style. Build up WARs Wrath powers and unleash them in spectacular attacks—or collect Soul Cores to increase or unlock new abilities.
- Gain the services of Ruin, War’s phantom steed, blazing a trail through enemies across devastated environments.
- Joe Madureira’s (X-Men, Battle Chasers, The Ultimates) unique visual art style and original storyline.
- Darksiders will immerse players in a rich cinematic gameplay experience—featuring beautiful graphics, detailed special effects, cinematic lighting and an epic musical score that compliments the in-game action.
More articles about Darksiders