Wings of Prey is a new World War II PC flight-simulation title based around large-scale, historical aerial combat and land-based military operations of World War II. Players can participate in some of the war's most famous battles piloting fighters, attack planes and bombers across a wide range of thrilling missions. There are six theatres of war to engage in - The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Ardennes, Berlin, Sicily and Korsun representing the main airborne battles of World War II in Europe.
Built upon the original code base for IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey for console game systems, Gaijin has gone to work and added unique features and content only available for PC flyers! Wings of Prey on the PC, contains several new missions, aircraft and cockpits not found on the console. In total there are over 40 aircraft to fly and fight against in over 50 missions in 6 different historical aerial campaigns. And if you need practice, there are training missions and a mission generator that allows you to create your own custom aerial matchups to hone your dogfighting skills. There is also proper support for joysticks, throttles, rudder pedals and head tracking devices such as the TrackIR.
Wings of Prey also boasts an all new damage effects engine as well as advanced environmental visuals enriching the game play. Wings of Prey features hundreds of airplanes taking part in large-scale air battles. The unique environmental engine also produces highly detailed, realistic landscapes that allow players to see breathtaking ground support actions. The terrain engine in Wings of Prey generates some of the most beautiful scenery ever found in a flight-sim on any platform. From the cliffs of Dover, overlooking the English Channel, to the bombed out Berlin skyline, to the frozen forests of the Ardennes, the landscape is truly amazing! The intense aerial combat is ultra smooth as the code has been heavily optimized to ensure good frame-rates on a wide variety of PCs.
Simmers can also fly online against their friends and wage their own virtual war in thrilling multiplayer dogfights. Wings of Prey Multiplayer supports up to 32 players with four different game modes to choose from. VoIP chat, MP game lobby, leaderboards, friends-lists and join-in-progress capabilities are all included. Also, host migration features provide an easy and seamless multiplayer experience.
Wings of Prey sets a new flight-sim standard in playability and enjoyment and Gaijin will continue to improve and expand the Wings of Prey universe and feature set. This title should be a must-have for every flight-sim fan's library.
Ammar Adra, President of CompuExpert, stated, "We're very excited to be the exclusive distributor for Wings of Prey in North American retail and we think that Gaijin has done a wonderful job with its development. Wings of Prey appeals to air combat fans of all backgrounds and gives both the serious simmer and the casual gamer the ability to experience the intensity of WWII air combat. I think the end result is amazing, we're very happy to bring it to physical retail"
"We're pleased to be working with a distributor who cares about the flight-sim genre and can give WOP added exposure on retail shelves and with online retailers." - says Anton Yudintsev, CEO of Gaijin. "Consumers deserve a choice and working with CompuExpert gives end-users just that. Because of CompuExpert the Wings of Prey community will continue to grow and we appreciate them supporting us."
- Authentic World War atmosphere: Cutting edge technologies with highly detailed visuals bring the epic battles to life;
- Engage in more than 50 missions from famous historical battles over Eastern and Western Europe;
- Historically accurate aircrafts: Experience over 40 planes including fighters, battle planes and bombers. Learn to master Spitfire, Mustang, Messerschmitt and many more;
- Flexible difficulty level system: from arcade to realistic simulation;
- Downloadable content support: more planes and missions are coming next year;
- Support of 6-DOF TrackIR, TripleHead2Go, Saitek and Thrustmaster joysticks, mouse and voice headsets;
- Thrilling multiplayer: 4 game modes to choose; VoIP, lobby game system, leaderboards, friends lists, join-in-progress and host migration features provide great experience;
- Realistic sound effects and original music from Jeremy Soule
Wings of Prey will be published in North America by 777 Studios and will be available at major PC game retailers such as GoGamer.com, Amazon.com, Fry's Electronics and others.
Minimal System Requirements:
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3200MHz
- RAM: 1024 Mb
- Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 256 Mb or ATI Radeon X1650 256 Mb
- HDD: 10 Gb free disk space
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP SP3, DirectX 9.0c.
- Soundcard, DirectX compatible
- Internet connection: 56 kb/s
- Keyboard, mouse
Recommended System Requirements:
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2400 MHz
- RAM: 2048 Mb
- Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 512 Mb or ATI Radeon 4850 512 Mb.
- HDD: 10 Gb free disk space
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 with DirectX 9.0c / Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 / Microsoft Windows 7
- Sound card: DirectX compatible with support 5.1
- Internet connection: 512 Kb/s
- Keyboard, mouse, joystick
More articles about Wings of Prey