For those unaware of the original, Clover: A Curious Tale is a watercolour side-scrolling platform puzzle game with a political agenda. Featuring no lives or health bars the game is an experience to be taken at the player’s own pace, designed to challenge puzzle-solving skills as well as interpretations of world events.
Players must help orphaned teenager Sam find out more about the events surrounding a shock attack on the proud nation of Sanha, which resulted in his mother’s tragic death. Be warned though, even if Sam works out the mysteries that surround him, the answers he receives may challenge his beliefs forever.
Featuring a fully remastered piano score, new puzzles, voice acting, localization and a plethora of new ambient effects, Clover: A Curious Tale is a relaxing yet immersive experience that will keep players pushing to find out more.
With an original story line and a new take on gaming conventions like 'lives' and 'health', Clover: A Curious Tale offers an intriguingly modern take on adventuring classics such as Fantastic Dizzy and Maniac Mansion.
“It's hard to think of an area of the game that hasn’t been massively improved upon. We’ve got secret guest actors featured in the game that I’m chuffed to bits about. It’s an indie title with an indie agenda that anybody with an interest in puzzlers, Dizzy or counter-culture should play,” commented Binary Tweed’s Deejay.
By combining feedback from players of the original with Blitz Games Studios’ knowledge and experience, every area of the game has been given an overhaul:
- New animations for every character, new graphics, user-interface and effects
- Complete voice-acted English dialogue, and French & Spanish translations of a script four times bigger than the original
- New puzzles, and sub-quest making the game over twice as long
- Four new endings dependent on the player’s actions, and playable epilogue
- Context-sensitive controls, and improved 'feel'
- No player death, lives or health bars
- Fantastic reworked piano music and all new voice-acted dialogue
- More than 175MB of hand-painted watercolor artwork
- New graphics and effects and an unlockable artwork gallery
- Improved animation
- New intro, endings, extra puzzles and additional characters
- New context sensitive controls
More articles about Clover