Heavy Rain takes brave new steps in the games industry in both content – an adult thriller with a complex plot – and gameplay – where you play and shape the storyline rather than be a mere spectator, step into a world of mystery and suspense, betrayal and redemption.
Heavy Rain is a dark, immersive and emotionally-engaging experience; one that expands upon the innovative ideas of 2005’s acclaimed Fahrenheit to create a noir-thriller where decisions are charged with importance and actions can have drastic and unforseen consequences. Breaking with traditional game conventions where necessary, the gameplay will be based around story, emotional involvement and the player’s decisions and interactions, rather than high-scores, combat and competition. Intuitive gameplay and controls are also fundamental to the experience – ensuring that the game is mature but accessible, and avoiding alienating players with obscure stats and complex interfaces.
In Heavy Rain you don’t watch the story – you play it. The dynamic narrative unfolds through the players actions - not cut scenes - and every action has a consequence. The choices you make and the way you interact with other characters have repercussions throughout the storyline. With unprecedented responsibility over the fates of the game’s characters, players will find Heavy Rain an emotional experience unlike any other. It dares to tackle subject matter and themes rarely touched upon in video games, making it a genuinely mature game for a new world of adult gamers.
Heavy Rain is the place where action gaming meets film-noir head-on, in an adventure unlike any other. A game where your mind, emotions and human nature will be put to the test like never before, Heavy Rain takes interactive entertainment down a dark, compelling path rarely ventured in the gaming world.
- Emotional Experience – Player decisions are rooted in emotion, decision-making, and overall story. The game’s technology and realism help to engage emotional attachment as players progress through the game.
- Bending Storylines – ‘Bending Storylines’ heighten the immersion and tension, raising the stakes of players’ choices and actions and delivering a more engaging and immersive experience.
- Film Quality Narrative – Heavy Rain brings a high-quality story filled with tension, emotion, intrigue, and dramatic twists.
- Accessibility – Heavy Rain combines sophisticated themes/tone/content with intuitive gameplay that caters to casual as well as hardcore gaming fans.
- Hollywood Production Values – From the length of the script, to the musical score, to the number of hours of motion capture, Heavy Rain is a vast and ambitious project that delivers a true film noir feel as well as production values that rival a cinematic experience.
- An Auteur of Videogaming – Writer, director, and studio head David Cage is the vision behind Heavy Rain – pushing at the boundaries of video gaming with a new approach that places narrative and emotion at the forefront.
More articles about Heavy Rain