SCEA Santa Monica's Director of Technology Christer Ericson revealed that God of War III reached gold status and is being sent off for manufacturing.
God of War III will bring epic battles to life with stunning graphics and an elaborate plot that puts Kratos at the center of the carnage and destruction as he seeks revenge against the Gods who have betrayed him.
Set in the realm of brutal Greek mythology, God of War III is a single-player game that allows players to take on the climatic role of the ex-Spartan warrior, Kratos, as he scales through the intimidating heights of Mt. Olympus and the dark depths of Hell to seek revenge on those who have betrayed him. Armed with double-chained blades, and an array of new weapons and magic for this iteration of the trilogy, Kratos must take on mythology’s darkest creatures while solving intricate puzzles throughout his merciless quest to destroy Olympus.
Utilizing a new game engine built from the ground up and state-of-the-art visual technologies, the development team behind God of War III has made standard-setting strides in giving players the realistic feel of actually being on the battlegrounds. With texture resolutions quadrupling since God of War II on PS2, God of War III, in its debut on the PS3 system, will feature fluid, life-like characters, as well as dynamic lighting effects, a robust weapon system, and world-changing scenarios that will truly bring unmistakable realism to Kratos’ fateful quest. Players will have a chance to join battles on a grand scale that is four times larger than its predecessor.
Be the envy of the gods and all your friends. GameStop announced today an additional pre-order offer for the highly anticipated PlayStation 3 exclusive, God of War III. Customers who participate in the pre-order promotion will receive an exclusive God of War III poster signed by Andy Park, God of War III concept artist. This premium is in addition to the previously announced exclusive Phantom of Chaos character skin.
GameStop today kicks off its “Be the Envy of the Gods” sweepstakes to help launch God of War III on PS3, the final installment in the acclaimed God of War series. More than 2,000 ungodly prizes are available through March 15 in this sweepstakes created exclusively for GameStop pre-order customers.
Entering the “Be the Envy of the Gods” sweepstakes is simple. Fans can pre-order the game at any local GameStop and use their receipt code or online order confirmation number to enter. The code can be entered daily on the website for a chance to win instant and weekly grand prizes.
GameStop is offering several levels of prizes during the sweepstakes including the following grand prizes:
- Sony Home Entertainment system
- VIP experience at a premier music festival
- Free pizza for a year
- Mixed Martial Arts VIP experience in Las Vegas
Select consumers will receive notification of instant win prizes and will still be eligible for the grand prizes. Instant win prizes include Kratos masks, a God of War III graphic theme for the PS3, God of War III themed t-shirts for PlayStation HOME avatars and digital strategy guides.
For complete rules and additional details, visit a local GameStop retail location or on the website. No purchase necessary to participate. Purchase does not improve chances of winning. Void where prohibited.
- Kratos will explore areas up to 4 times larger than those found in God of War II, as well as carve through entire armies while navigating on the back of Titans - living, moving, breathing levels as tall as the Empire State Building.
- Players will battle in detailed and unique 3D worlds lit by thousands of dynamic lights and textures with quadruple the resolution, which allows for realistic muscle striations, detailed facial expressions, and new heightened levels of brutality and gore.
- Brutal combat, intricate puzzles, exploration of awe-inspiring worlds, and a compelling and satisfying ending to Kratos ’ epic story.
- The God of War III storyline is the epic conclusion to the triology; the storyline will be told in a way that is true to traditionalist roots in Greek mythology, from moral consequences to brutal battles against the Gods.
- Several of the menacing creatures of Greek mythology in God of War III can now be manipulated against their will, as Kratos uses them to cross chasms, inflict blind rage against enemies, reveal puzzles and secrets, and as tools of complete annihilation.
- New deadly weapons such as the Cestus - powerful metal gauntlets with devastating strength - and other brutal instruments of war that will allow Kratos to learn ruthless new techniques such as grappling with enemies and launching explosive wall-to-ground attacks.
- The dynamic lighting solution employed in GOW III is only feasible through the computing power provided by the Cell SPUs. For example, using the High Dynamic Range Lighting (HDRL) technology, the camera – when using Krato’s sightline - will emulate the human retina, causing players to feel a sharp brightness when Kratos exits a dark area and enters a sunlit area, similar to how the human eye would need to adjust.
More articles about God of War III