On the mound, Major League Baseball 2K10 uses Total Control Pitching to allow players to place the ball exactly where they want to throw it. At the plate, Total Control Hitting lets you hit for power, hit for contact, or even a defensive swing to protect the plate. Major League Baseball 2K10 features the all new My Player mode that allows you to create a player and progress all the way from the minor leagues to the Hall of Fame.
A free demo of Major League Baseball 2K10 is now available for download for the Xbox 360 through the Xbox Live, and will be available on Thursday, March 4 for PS3 through the PlayStation Network. The demo will offer fans an opportunity to relive the excitement of the 2009 World Series and play a 3-inning game as either the Philadelphia Phillies or New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium.
The demo also gives gamers a chance to perfect their pitching for a chance to win $1,000,000. This year, 2K Sports will give away this unprecedented cash prize to the first person who throws a verified perfect game in Major League Baseball 2K10.
- Work the corners - Based on each pitcher’s mechanics and official scouting reports, Total Control Pitching lets you put the ball exactly where you want it -- provided you keep a close eye on your pitch count.
- Work the count - With Total Control Hitting you can time your swing to hit for power, put the ball in play or take a defensive cut. Batter's Eye uses a hitter’s real-life eye rating to help you identify Fastballs, Breaking Balls and Off Speed pitches before they get to the plate.
- The best play like the best - True-to-Life Player Rating System, Signature Style and a new Motion Model ensure every pitch, swing, catch, throw, steal and slide looks and feels like you’re at the ballpark.
- Become a living legend - With My Player mode you can create a player, choose a team and then play your way into the Hall of Fame®.
- Authentic Presentation - MLB Today delivers real-time scores, standings, news and stats to ensure timely commentary that reflects what’s actually going on in the Majors.
- Knowledge is power - Use Inside Edge to scout players, assess strengths, weaknesses and tendencies, and then exploit them to get the upper hand
More articles about Major League Baseball 2K10