Based on Games Workshop's epic and longstanding tabletop fantasy war game, WAR is a unique MMORPG that features revolutionary Realm vs. Realm (RvR) gameplay that will immerse players in a world of perpetual conflict for years to come. WAR has been recognized for its unique play style that appeals to novice MMO players while offering incredible depth for more seasoned players.
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning 1.3.4 patch has gone live. The WAR 1.3.4 patch includes a series of updates including a central focus on the enhancements and streamlining of Scenarios and City Sieges which have been made based directly of off recent community feedback. The scenario and city siege enhancements will include optimization in attaining “critical mass” for all scenarios, provision of a variety of scenarios based on community feedback, and ensuring that the scenarios are conducive to attaining the newly introduced RvR earned weapons.
Other major features that went live from the 1.3.4 patch today include:
- VFX+SFX Pre-Game Improvements
- New Scenario Currency
- Scenario List Optimization
- Quest Focus - Tier 2 RvR Content
- Campaign Restarts during stage 2 city siege
- Career Balance Changes
- Among other fixes and improvements.
- Scurvy Dogs Live Event
- New 6v6 Live Event Scenario: The Ironclad
You can read more about the Scenario & City Siege structure improvements via the recent post by Andy Belford on the Warhammer Online forums.
- Based on Games Workshop's popular Warhammer fantasy world. Dominated by force of arms and magic, this world provides a rich setting for hundreds of thousands of players to experience the epic nature of war and the glory of battle.
- Join one of six Armies and fight for the Armies of Order (Dwarf, High Elf and Empire) or the Armies of Destruction (Greenskin, Dark Elf, or Chaos). Wage war across three unique battlefronts.
- Next generation Realm vs. Realm game system integrating both PvP combat and PvE quests on the same map in support of the greater war.
- Engage in four levels of RvR combat:
- Skirmishes: Incidental PvP combat
- Battlefields: Objective-based battles in the game world
- Scenarios: Instanced, point-based battles balanced with NPC Dogs of War
- Campaigns: The invasion of enemy lands culminating in the assault on their capital city
- Undertake a wide variety of PvE quest types related to an army's war efforts, including:
- Public quests that benefit from the participation of the entire army
- Conflict quests that pit players against an enemy with opposing goals
- Branching quests that let you choose the outcome of the quest and your reward
- Xmas quests that reward exploration with high value loot
- A robust combat system introduces Player Tactics (earned powers you equip prior to battle) and Morale Skills (combat options that increase in power when the momentum of battle is in your favor).
- Player models that change to reflect the relative power of a character (i.e., Orcs grow in size and Dwarfs' beards get longer). Customizable armor and a visual guild system allow a player to make their character truly unique.
- Embark on an epic quest to complete the Tome of Knowledge and unlock Warhammer lore, detailed monster information, and major story plotlines.
- Online play requires a subscription and Internet connection.
More articles about Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning