Loyalty carries a price and no one knows this more than agent Michael Thorton. A talented young agent cast out by his government, Thorton is the only one with the information needed to stop an impending international catastrophe. To do so means he must cut himself off from the very people he is sworn to protect. As players determine how to accomplish different objectives, the decisions made and actions taken in each mission will ultimately transform the type of secret agent Michael Thorton will become. Every choice the player makes as Michael Thorton will carry consequences for his future and the fate of the world.
The year is 2009. Worldwide political tensions are at a breaking point when a commercial airliner is shot down by a U.S. missile over Eastern Europe, killing all aboard. The U.S. government claims no involvement, and dispatches Agent Michael Thorton to investigate and bring those responsible to justice.
As the first modern day spy role-playing game, Alpha Protocol offers unprecedented control over the development of Thorton’s abilities and his interactions with other characters. Upgrade skills such as physical combat, weapons mastery, cutting-edge technology and even seduction as you grow in experience and complete missions.
“Alpha Protocol offers a new take on the RPG genre giving players the chance to immerse themselves in the world of modern day espionage,” said Gary Knight, European Marketing Director of SEGA Europe. “Being the first ever RPG in this setting, Obsidian have written a truly immersive storyline with a cast of characters everyone will remember.”
- Players continually develop their spy with advanced close-combat techniques, lethal marksmanship, the ability to wield ingenious spy gadgets, and much more.
- With no right or wrong decisions, players can constantly change the storyline based on the choices they make. Will they let a terrorist escape to follow a lead, or eliminate targets against the mission agenda? Demanding decisions are challenging and many.
- With the Alpha Protocol “Ripple Effect” system, players can interact with allies and enemies in a variety of ways. Their choices will dynamically change the storyline and unlock new missions, weapons and alliances.
- An arsenal of weapons with a plethora of customizable add-ons allows players to create a personalized weapon load out for every mission. Cutting-edge technology, stealth maneuvers, ballistic explosives and more can be discovered and used!
- Every decision and interaction in Alpha Protocol is made with a time-limit that steadily ebbs away. Players must think fast, act urgently, and then prepare for the consequences!
- Players can live out real-world espionage within rich international settings such as Rome, Moscow, Taipei, and Saudi Arabia.
More articles about Alpha Protocol