This is the installer for Torchlight version 1.15. If this is your first time playing Torchlight, please enjoy the two hour demo mode provided. If you have already purchased Torchlight from the official website, your product key will unlock this install into the full game. If you have purchased Torchlight from another provider, you will need to contact them for any updates.
Upgrading from previous versions
IMPORTANT: This if a FULL REINSTALL. The packaged files for this version changed entirely to improve loading times, so a full reinstall is necessary. If you are upgrading, you will need to uninstall your previous version.
You will be prompted to re-enter your key when you launch this version in order to unlock it; if you have already activated your key on a previous version of the game, we have reset the count of used activations to compensate for this, so please re-enter your key.
BACK UP YOUR SAVE GAMES! Your uninstaller may ask you if you want to delete your save games. Make sure that it is UN CHECKED!
If you want to be extra safe, you can manually back up your saves - I'd recommend this. Better safe than sorry! To manually back up your saves, please follow the steps below:
Open your "Start Menu" and click "Run"
Type in %appdata% and click "OK"
In the folder that opens up, browse to Runic GamesTorchlightSave and copy all of the files in that directory into a backup folder on your computer
If you have any support issues, please visit http://www.torchlightgame.com/support for information and options.
Torchlight 1.15 Patch Notes:
- Five new challenge room maps obtainable as rewards for completing various quests from Vasman in Torchlight.
- New challenges await in the Tomb of the Awakened, Estherian Ruins, Dwarven Fortress, Molten Prison, and Black Palace.
- Challenge rooms offer players more of an interactive experience, and require some thought to successfully navigate - complete them and reap the rewards!
- Root Golem Fire Breath now deals damage
- Ember Bolt had a bad value in higher levels
- Zealot lightning bolt now does damage
- Gem effects accumulating when recovering from socketed items
- Sushi Helm Recipe fix
- Added Blind Effect for modders
- New Unittype of Bossmap for modders
- Multiple spelling fixes
- Fixed a few spots where floor tiles where missing or had the wrong collision set
- Fixed various locations where monsters were getting stuck in some levels
- Limited Multi-language support added for modders ( tool coming )
- PERCENT_BLEND effect no longer sets the target - for modders
- Scale effect can now be permanent - for modders Code Fixes
- Option in Settings file to turn off steam cloud added
- Settings broke into 2 files. LocalSettings and settings
- Fixed rare teleport crash
- Fix for input latency on low FPS for skills; hotbar skills and items
- Alric Achievement now works on steam
- Fixed XP not being removed correct after death
- Passive skills now adhere to equipment requirements
- Fixed rare case when triggers wouldn't fire correctly
- Texture overrides fixed in paper doll view
- Fixed issue with some looping skills
Torchlight is developed in Seattle team by a veteran team composed of the designers and leads of projects like Diablo, Diablo II, Mythos, and Fate. Our team has spent many years honing and evolving this unique style of gameplay.
The adventure is set in the mining settlement of Torchlight, a boomtown founded on the discovery of rich veins of Ember - a rare and mysterious ore with the power to enchant or corrupt all that it contacts. This corruptive power may have dire consequences however, and players set out into the nearby mountains and depths below to discover the full extent of Ember’s influence on the civilizations that have come before.
Runic Games will initially release Torchlight as a standalone Single Player game, and then work will commence on a fully-featured MMO version.
Players will choose from among three character classes, and venture from the safety of the town of Torchlight into randomly generated dungeon levels, with a huge variety of creepy monsters, endless variations of loot to find, and quests to complete. The endless randomization ensures a long-lived gameplay experience.
- Randomization – Our level layouts are randomly created, so each adventure is unique. Monsters, treasures, puzzles, and items are also different each time you embark on an adventure.
- Easy, approachable interface – Torchlight is designed to be easy to play right from the beginning. The intuitive interface gives players easy access to a rich and varied world.
- Retirement System – Once characters are sufficiently leveled up, they can "retire" and bestow specific benefits and perks to new characters.
- Pets – Players will choose a pet to accompany them. Pets can level up along with the player, and will help in battle, carry items, and perform a variety of helpful services.
- Character Classes – Players will create and customize a character and choose an animal companion. Through cosmetic choices, skill path decisions, and the treasures they acquire, each character will be custom-tailored and different.
- Fishing – Players can take a break from the high-energy pace of adventuring to visit one of the fishing holes and relax and see what they can catch. Fish have interesting benefits for the player and pet, and other rewards can also be discovered
- Included Editor – Runic Games is embracing our modding community by including an editor so our players can create and design their own content.
The Torchlight MMO expands on virtually every aspect of gameplay. While maintaining the fast-paced Action RPG gameplay style, Torchlight will introduce many traditional MMO features and an expansive world. Like the other Perfect World-published MMOs, Torchlight will be "Free-To-Play." Players can earn and spend money to upgrade a large variety of items to enhance their game play experience through an in-game item shop.
Published by Perfect World, the Torchlight MMO will offer a rich social environment where players can adventure together in a contiguous over world environment with many different dungeon types to explore. Populated by a diverse and colorful set of vendors, quest-givers, and town elders, players will learn about the rich lore and history of Torchlight and the surrounding Ember veins, and set off on quests and adventures that reveal the secrets, dangers, and long history of the magical substance.
Key MMO Additions
- Expansive World – Large overland areas and deep, randomly generated dungeons offer a variety of exploration and adventuring opportunities.
- Customization – The level of character customization is upped significantly in the MMO, with more class choices, looks, and options which allow a truly personalized character.
- Territory Wars – Torchlight will take advantage of precedent set by other Perfect World MMOs and offer weekly battles for territory, with winners receiving significant rewards.
- Mounts – Large variety of mounts to assist in navigating the world.
- PvP – Torchlight will give PvP fans a variety of constructs to determine just who the mightiest warrior in the land is.
- Social Features – Marriage systems, buddy lists, chat features, and world events will all create a rich social environment never before seen in an action MMO.
More articles about Torchlight